How did he do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My other half took me to the Cotswold for a two night break in January when it was snowing, it was a spar and hotel the middle of no where but beautiful , he proposed on the 1st night after our evening meal he took me back to the room, open the doors and we were overlooking the lake snow on the ground it was lit up beautiful , he asked me to go outside on to the veranda , I was froze he was mumbling something and I was like what's the matter, next thing he asked me to marry him out came the ring and a bottle of champagne . It was very romantic

I still like mine best lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My hubby asked me in Times Square New York - I knew something was up as it was January , snowing an freezing but he was sweating ! - it was so busy he didn't even have room to get down on one knee !! We got married on 11-11-11
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386529280.855291.jpg

Laura x

Last edited:
He didn't.

I was going to be deported back to Australia if I didn't get married within 6 months. My boyfriend (we'd already discussed a future together but no proposal) and I just sort of agreed we'd better get on with it.

We had no money and I got a puddly little ring. Today is our 13th anniversary so this is a lovely thread to be reading. When I woke up this morning I was presented with a voucher he made saying that I was entitled to a new replacement diamond engagement ring of my choice. :Love::Love::Love:

He popped the question at home we were 'practising' what he was guna do/say & suprised me with the ring that he had had in his pocket all day & ii didn't no!!! Even went shopping & for food with it in his pocket!! Crafty....
No wedding for us just yet tho as saving up to get out first home :))
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386542924.800879.jpg

& on our engagement meal 💜
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386542988.664744.jpg

I did it...last weekend!

He was working upstairs so I set about setting up my surprise. Loads of paper lanterns that light up with candles in.

Waited til it started getting dark and then took him outside and asked him.

Picture gives you better idea :)ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386548614.207442.jpg

That looks beautiful

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll let you know. My boyfriend has a ring in his pants drawer! I've only seen the box but I know it's an engagement ring and it's been there for 3 months! he was really drunk at our friends wedding 5 months ago and he told me he had seen a ring for me. I keep checking the box is still there and he hasn't took it back. Maybe it's not for me? Lol! x

I did it...last weekend!

He was working upstairs so I set about setting up my surprise. Loads of paper lanterns that light up with candles in.

Waited til it started getting dark and then took him outside and asked him.

Picture gives you better idea :)View attachment 49985

Oh my god this actually brought a tear to my eye! I'm not normally romantic but I think this is a lovely way to propose & I suppose it would take some pressure off whoever is asking! I wish this was how I was proposed to : (

Aww thanks Adeltrudevais & Mrsblakemore :)

Christmas day 2 years ago this Christmas. I was 20 weeks pregnant and we'd finished opening all our presents so I was clearing up all the paper and said well thats that then. Then he just got down on one knee and said "I know it won't be next year or anytime soon because of the baby, but will you marry me?". I was half laughing, half crying with my hand over my mouth saying yes. He hadn't heard me and was on one knee looking all awkward and said "an answer would be nice". The ring was beautiful but didn't fit so I had to wear it on my little finger until we got it resized. No plans for a wedding yet though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had my proposal last Wrekin Wednesday. Our date night to frankie and Bennys ended up being surprised by the fact we were going to have a taxi pick us up and take us to our face thai.

He pulled some bubbly from the fridge and got down onone knee!!

June 2014 were looking at!

I'd only known mine about six weeks! We were sitting on the floor of some skanky flat that his mate owned (after a boozy night in the pub), and he said in front of all his then friends "So you gonna marry me or what?". I said "yeah, probably" and everyone laughed! But, there was that "look" between us, and I knew then, that it would happen! Not together now, but we did made it to 25 years!

A surprise trip to Tuscany, somewhere we'd both always wanted to visit.

I'll let you know. My boyfriend has a ring in his pants drawer! I've only seen the box but I know it's an engagement ring and it's been there for 3 months! he was really drunk at our friends wedding 5 months ago and he told me he had seen a ring for me. I keep checking the box is still there and he hasn't took it back. Maybe it's not for me? Lol! x

Well, he did do it. Christmas Eve, I was in the kitchen wrapping presents, looking forward to my Indian takeaway and bubbly. He had just put our little boy to bed and called me through to the lounge where he was stood looking very smart in his suit. I asked him where he was going? He launched into a speech about how much he has also loved me and what a wonderful girlfriend and mother I am, then he got down on one knee and proposed. He then produced a gorgeous platinum diamond ring. He also had a huge bouquet of flowers for me. Of course, I said yes! and the planning has begun x

Oh my god I would have broke down! Congrats :)

Thats beautiful ♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Congrats!

Mine was boxing day, with his great grandmother's ring so very special. Said he had a present for me in the tree and while I was searching he told me to turn around and he was down on one knee and told me he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me and will i marry him? I just nodded haha! His dad said he hopes I know what I've let myself in for!!!! We're moving in together first week of jan so it's all go this year. getting married 2015 :) x

These are all so lovely.
I've been with my other half for 5 years now & we've been through so much that has certainly made us stronger not just as individuals but obviously as a couple.
There's been no proposal but I got a lovely message where he declared his love for me and said that he would marry me in a heart beat if he thought that was what I wanted, WHAT??!!! I did see a picture of a ring on his comp last year some time but that's as far as it's got :( x

These are all so lovely.
I've been with my other half for 5 years now & we've been through so much that has certainly made us stronger not just as individuals but obviously as a couple.
There's been no proposal but I got a lovely message where he declared his love for me and said that he would marry me in a heart beat if he thought that was what I wanted, WHAT??!!! I did see a picture of a ring on his comp last year some time but that's as far as it's got :( x

sometimes you just have to spell it out to them! just have a conversation, ask him if he wants to get married and make sure he KNOWS that you do too. good luck x

Latest posts

Back