how did you purchase retail items when starting up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkletoes910

Reaction score
So I'm going full time! YIPPPEEE... now I'm looking into getting some retail stock.

I've got my eye on the minis of the cnd cucumber heel therapy, mini glossers and itty bitty solar oils that come in the big clear containers. And I'll definitely get a few lotions. I'm sure that I'll be able to sell these items, because I use them and can talk about them during services. Anything else that's a must have to begin with?

space will be an issue, I won't have much of a retail/display area.

and most of all, $$ will be an issue! how much do you initially invest in retail? and i'm assuming that as your clientele grows, so does your retail investment (and retail returns)

is there an equation that i need to be aware of? kind of like the saying, one months salary for a diamond ring.... maybe 2 weeks earning in retail stock?

You should invest in the little display of 2oz scentsations hand and body lotion. These sell well and I ususally do an offer buy 2 @ ? - to get more sales.

You can easily top up the display over time and maybe eventually get the large floor standing display for the 8 oz size with pump.

I also sell the mini solar oils, but should get the 1/2 oz ones, better for sales and better value for clients too.

HTH

I would keep a stoke of toughen up too and base/top coats if you deal with natural nails, other wise Solar oil- i dont bother with the minis as i find my profit margins are alot bigger with the 1/2 oz- cucumber heel therapy minis sell really well!!

The items I retail most of is the enamels, then solar oil, then solar butter, then solar manicure - If a client says they like a product and I do not have it in stock, then I say "Would you like me to purchase one in time for your next appointment or before?" usually they want me to have it there in stock for their next visit HTHs :green:

thanks guys! a couple extra top/base coats won't take up too much room. I'll probably have to do the "i'll get x polish and have it for you at your next appointment" I'm getting a wall display, but it's only big enough for my "used" polishes. I forgot about the 2oz lotions! duh! and they come with a little floor display that'll fit... ooooOOOooo gotta get some of those too! my husband's gonna kill me! :lol:

My husband goes through our joint credit card account with a red pen and tells me what I've spent on things !!:lol:

Latest posts

Back