How do I clean My EzFlow gel it Square 907 ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GelanGEL

Reaction score
Hi everybody:Love:

Im very new to this world of nail geeks ;) and after finding this absolutely fabulous website I would like to make use of it and abuse of your knowledge if I am allowed to :Grope:

I have recently started using gel and of course I had to buy a brush for it (till now I was focused on improving my acrylic technique). I bought the EzFlow 907, as I thought it would be a good one to get easily used to as I am to the one for acrylic.

My problem came when I had to clean it. I thought it was done in the same way as you do with acrylic brushes (i.e. with acetone). Since then the bristles of my brush are kind of stiff. There is no cured gel at all on them. I assure you. I got some calguard (from Calgel) which I was told you can use to clean these types of brushes with a lint free pad, so I used it. When I do this, the bristles seems again to be fine for a while.

My question and doubts are: How do I take care of my brush? Is it still useful after my rough acetonic experience with it?

If you are still awake :zzz: any ideas and answers would be highly appreciated :Love:

Ángel

Hi everybody:Love:

Im very new to this world of nail geeks ;) and after finding this absolutely fabulous website I would like to make use of it and abuse of your knowledge if I am allowed to :Grope:

I have recently started using gel and of course I had to buy a brush for it (till now I was focused on improving my acrylic technique). I bought the EzFlow 907, as I thought it would be a good one to get easily used to as I am to the one for acrylic.

My problem came when I had to clean it. I thought it was done in the same way as you do with acrylic brushes (i.e. with acetone). Since then the bristles of my brush are kind of stiff. There is no cured gel at all on them. I assure you. I got some calguard (from Calgel) which I was told you can use to clean these types of brushes with a lint free pad, so I used it. When I do this, the bristles seems again to be fine for a while.

My question and doubts are: How do I take care of my brush? Is it still useful after my rough acetonic experience with it?

If you are still awake :zzz: any ideas and answers would be highly appreciated :Love:

Ángel

you can clean your #907 brush with cleasne it but personally i just wipe off any gel with a lintfree wipe and pop in away in a brush cover, and just re clear it when i get it out again to use... hopefully im making sense!

with regards to your l&p brush you shouldnt be cleaning it in acetone, just with monomer after every use... if you do find you have cured product in your brush try ezflows dissolve brush cleaner, its ketone based and also has conditioners so will not be as harsh as acetone.

hth

Jess x

Thanks Jess!

You´re making sense to me till some extend. May ask you something more regarding your answer?

What do you use to re-clear the brush 907 for gel with? :rolleyes: I mean before starting working with it.

Thanks once more :green:

Ángel

Thanks Jess!

You´re making sense to me till some extend. May ask you something more regarding your answer?

What do you use to re-clear the brush 907 for gel with? :rolleyes: I mean before starting working with it.

Thanks once more :green:

Ángel

i mean i just get a bit of my clear it gel on my brush and start working with it (i use clear it for just about every gel application at some stage!)

Jess x

Thank you Jess! You are being very useful with your answers :hug:

However, now I got another doubt if it is fine with you :p

As I explained before, the bristles after couple of days or so they became stiff. I guess I need to soften them before starting working with that brush, needn´t I? If I get some clear gel I will not be able to spread it smoothly while the bristles are still stiff, will I?

Now, my question is: Do I take some clear gel with the brush and the bristles will soften? Or do I take some clear gel and wipe it off so the brush gets conditionated and ready to use with whatever gel I would like to start with?

I hope I am making sense, as English is not my first language and those are very technical questions.

Many thanks!!
Ángel

It is quite a firm bristle.You shouldnt really be brushing as such its more teasing and floating.Only the very first thin layer is 'brushed' into the nail.Are you training with anyone they should be able to tell you if there is a problem with your brush.

I don't clean my brushes 'completely' for my UV Gel.
I will usually use a dry lint-free wipe OR occasionally a wipe with some cleanse-it on it.
I never soak my gel brushes etc.

I will usually leave a smidgeon of gel in the bristles, and wrap in a square of foil.

They live forever. Hope this helps.

My problem came when I had to clean it. I thought it was done in the same way as you do with acrylic brushes (i.e. with acetone).I clean my L
&P brush with clean monomer at the end of the treatment then I put it away wet with the monomer and laying flat,I belive cleaning it with acetone regualy will weaken the hairs and wreck your brush. Since then the bristles of my brush are kind of stiff. There is no cured gel at all on them. I assure you. I got some calguard (from Calgel) which I was told you can use to clean these types of brushes with a lint free pad, so I used it. When I do this, the bristles seems again to be fine for a while.

Ángel

With my gel brush I clean it off on a lint free pad with a bit of scrub fresh / dehydrater then work some clear gel into it and put it away laying flat in a box (my brush box is black so dosnt let light in ) if you dont have a box like this put it into a draw :)
hope this helps :)

Vhunter, thank you very much for your sharing your experience and advice with me:hug:

Mizzy_dizzy, it helps lots! Really thanks to you as well.

Gillian w, thank you for the description of that brush and your tip about how to use it.

m(_ _)m

*this is emoticon is a bowing person. the m's are its hands and _ _ are its eyes looking downwards* It is a Japanese way to bow for your help and say thank you** As I don't think it is very common in Europe I thought I better explain it**

Latest posts

Back