How do I do this with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixieD

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can do this with shellac polish ???
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413451349.669416.jpg
Thank you xxx

They're gorgeous! I would apply silver Rockstar to all 10 nails and then apply 2 coats of Blackpool, using a brush dipped in Dsperse to clean the reverse smile line and then top coat. Might have to try these for myself :)

Those are gorgeous. I agree with pure. :)

I've just had a go :) quiet day and I couldn't resist lol
I applied Silver VIP first then the glitter and 2 coats of Blackpool followed by topcoat. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 570
I used 2 coats of fedora and while the second coat is still tacky I added the glitter to the tip with a small brush, if there is any out of place push it gently away or up towards the smile line it doesn't affect the colour coat at all and once it's done the way you want top coat:)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1413455479305.jpg
    1413455479305.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 544
These look fab ladies!

Wow wow wow these look amazing .....so impressed...can't wait to have a go.
When you did the blackpool did you do the whole nail then use a gel brush dipped in disperse ?

Wow wow wow these look amazing .....so impressed...can't wait to have a go.
When you did the blackpool did you do the whole nail then use a gel brush dipped in disperse ?

No I just applied it to the majority of the nail and formed the smile line and just tidied it with a brush dipped in Dsperse. I wasn't difficult but then those nail pops are bigger than most nails but still no need to do the full nail in Blackpool :)

Sorry to bother you again.
Did you apply blackpool straight onto the glitter or did you top coat first.

Sorry to bother you again.
Did you apply blackpool straight onto the glitter or did you top coat first.

I applied another coat of Silver VIP to smooth it a little. You could topcoat instead but I wonder if that would end up making the nail too thick?

What a good idea with the silver VIP . That was my worry with it not being smooth when applying blackpool and get a neat smile line.
Gonna have practice on a colour pop tonight and have a go on my nails tomorrow .
Will post a picture tomorrow ..... Hopefully .
Yours really do look amazing.
Thanks so much for your help xxx

Those look like Phuong Luu's nails! I love his work and have tried a few of his designs with much success.
Yours turned out nicely as well.

I have had that pic safely stored on my Pinterest for a few months, patiently waiting their turn. I may have to let them have their day earlier than planned, they're so lovely. I would do it the same way as Pure.

Looks great! I would have done Blackpool x2 then done smile lines with glitter mixed into Shellac, I find it easier that way :) less glitter wastage also!

Wow these are fabulous!!

I know it's not the same, but I did similar festive nails with red and silver glitter... Also did the other one with random detail on each finger... All with Entity One Colour Couture though, not Shellac... Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413487258.905482.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413487271.669397.jpg

Love this....I would do 2 coats of Blackpool cure then wipe tacky layer then use silver chrome to make my tips cure and then press the glitter into the silver chrome tacky layer that way no glitter gets stuck to the Blackpool then topcoat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Love this....I would do 2 coats of Blackpool cure then wipe tacky layer then use silver chrome to make my tips cure and then press the glitter into the silver chrome tacky layer that way no glitter gets stuck to the Blackpool then topcoat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

That sounds much more how I'd do it. What a fantastic look :)

Latest posts

Back