How do I get a nice bright orange with additives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Apologies if this is on here, I have searched, promise :)

I assumed it is red & yellow mixed but if I were just doing all 10 in plain orange is it half & half and how much roughly.

Hoping to get her to have lobster roll but just in case!!

Hoping to discuss with the peeps at the Event which course I should go on next so I feel more confident in the advanced techniques.

H xx

You could do lobster roll with yellow additive over the top! It's a lovely orange xxx

Tropix with yellow additive xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365432317.215295.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365432317.215295.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 225
Gorgeous!!! X

Thank you ladies, and do I just burnish the yellow additive into the cured tacky layer of shellac? is a thin layer?

H xx

Thank you ladies, and do I just burnish the yellow additive into the cured tacky layer of shellac? is a thin layer?

H xx

Yes just burnish it in the way you would glitters. I picked up a fab tip from the fabulous Jeni Smith aka Busybee32 and its to use the sponge eyeshadow wands to apply additives, less mess and works wonders. I was having trouble with the additives coming off when I used a brush but I haven't had any problems since using the wands xxx

lovely thank you ladies

xx

Yes just burnish it in the way you would glitters. I picked up a fab tip from the fabulous Jeni Smith aka Busybee32 and its to use the sponge eyeshadow wands to apply additives, less mess and works wonders. I was having trouble with the additives coming off when I used a brush but I haven't had any problems since using the wands xxx

I found some sponge eyeshadow looking things at my craft store in the paint and brush area. They look like the eyeshadow applicators but are a bit bigger. :)

Latest posts

Back