How do I get started?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo wheeler

Reaction score
How do I get started with Nail Art? Its something I really would love to offer, but don't know where to start. I love all the pics you've all put with your links, amazing! please help me to be as good. x

Hi Jo,
The best way to get into nail art is to buy a good nail art book.........Ka-sa-ra
do a brill one. Then just copy some of the designs, There are step by step's to follow. If you try different mediums to work with and find which you find best to do. Practise is the key to getting really good at nail art, There are also courses in nail art which may help you.
If you need any advice please pm me.
Hths

Once you start, you cant stop! Nail art is so much fun.

Our book is used by so many beginners, everyone has to start somewhere, there is a full page just on how to apply a rhinestone!

Start with a small kit, some stones, flatstones, striping tape, foil leafing, transfers, glitter, studs etc (we do a sample kit with all the above for £6.00)

Find out what you and your clients will like. Build up a samll display in a box, on colour pops, on sticks in a vase, or even on a mirror. Start with simple designs, dont go OTT, it puts people off, remember less is more, french is great with little extras like stones and tranfers just slide on!

Take pics, build up a little photo albumn, where it on your own nails and do friends and family as they are walking adverts.

We did one free rhinestone on a little finger, (cost 3p each), to see how they liked it, and they all came back for more!

Good luck, and welcome to the world of nail art!

PS For those who feel that nail art is not worth offering, thats fine, each to their own, but nail art and airbrushing is all i do, and if im still here 15 years later, there must be someone out there who likes it!

Latest posts

Back