How do i learn to sculpt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alice palace

Reaction score
I have recently finished a liquid and powder foundation course at creative and now i really want to learn to sculpt nails as they look so good, just wondering how do i learn to do this? can i teach myself? Any tips?

I was determined to master sculpting when I finished my foundation course, so I booked a one to one for just scultping only, I practised on my trainer and everyone who's hands moved! Look at all the online tutorials to help, a few on this site too, it takes time for it all to click into place but you'll get there if you persevere, I still have bad days!

hmmmm, scultping.
Alot of techs find this difficult when they are starting out. I was lucky enough to have this included in my training. I really enjoy sculpting.
You really do need professional training for this. Look around your area, or even ask the mob you just finished training with if they will train you in sculpts.
if you try to do it on your own you will not have much success. You will end up on a world wide mission to eliminate ALL forms in the world because you wont get past the form stage.
I'm sorry to sound negative on this, as it's not my intention. I believe sculpting is so much better than applying tips.

Hey Bloss' .........you again! Not following you, honest!:lol:

Regarding sculpting with forms, I really think it's worth doing a course or 121. There are tutorials on the site, but I feel it's something you need to physically see, and do.

So sculpts werent taught on the foundation course? Thats a shame..sculpting should be taken more seriously..its a true artform...and so rewarding..once it has frustrated the daylights out of you.:)
I have learnt sculpting previously in class rooms but in all honesty it wasnt given much time or credit..i have basically taught myself (given the last actual training given me was quite a few years ago and i didnt bother doing it). I have learnt through this site and other links,plenty of perserverance and stubborness to not give up...i have been predominately sculpting for almost two years..and i love it!
My advice would be just to start of by sculpting your repairs..that way its not so daunting..and keep the tips for your ski jumps and nail biters once you feel confident to tackle a set...keep your tips put away in your drawer and have your forms on the desk. And have fun perfecting them..the hardest parts fitting the form..once you have that sussed..its all easy!:)
Defo a 121 would help you quicker if its available to you!

I'm self-taught with regards to sculpting, and still trying to master it (with uv gel). IF you can get a one-to-one course, BOOK IT!
Sculpting is very hard, but well worth learning.

Forms, for me, were the hardest thing to figure out. BUT once you "get it", after that, it all rolls along.

Having said all of that, there are tonnes of threads here, with links and tutorials etc to help you master it.

hth's

Hey there alice palace. Glad to know you're not the lone stranger?
As far as sculpts go, one thing that really helped me was a rubber glove hand.
Step 1: Buy a pair of rubber gloves
Step 2: Put dry beans, rice, etc. to fill and give it mobility (should feel like an actual hand)
Step 3: Glue tips onto finger grips.
Step 4: Start sculpting!

Go for it and practice as often as possible (especially if you get the chance to practice on a friend or relative!)

Best of Luck,
LV

wow, thats sounds familiar. alot like what i posted in another thread?

Today, 07:29 AM

Hun i know it's boring but all it takes is practice.
Do you have a practice hand or finger?
If you dont try this, a disposable glove, fill with fine bird seed and then put another disposable glove over the top for added strength and then tie up so the seed doesn't come out.
You can make as many of these as you need.
Stick some fake nails on the hand and when you start practicing just use some blue tac to stick your tip on the hand, so you are able to remove it when you've finished.

Hey,

I just did the foundation course and the trainer showed us briefly how to use the scultping forms as I dont think it's really part of the course although I think it should be because they put sculpting forms in the starter kit but probably best to book a one2one if you're not sure. I just asked loads of questons about it as I knew I'd like to do scultping. Since then ive just been practising and I think thats all it takes is practise im still a long way away from the perfect smile lines but am getting better and I do think they are really nice and quicker than tipping also a lot less filing/blending and dust I find anyway. Is there anything specifically you're unsure about them?

i too would love to learn the art of sculpting, when i done my nail training my tutor gave us a sculpting demo and it was fab

but it was all downhill when we had to try it ourselves, its a lot hardder than it looks

a nail salon i done some work experience were charging £80 for a sculpted full set!

So sculpts werent taught on the foundation course? Thats a shame..sculpting should be taken more seriously..its a true artform...and so rewarding..once it has frustrated the daylights out of you.:)
I have learnt sculpting previously in class rooms but in all honesty it wasnt given much time or credit..i have basically taught myself (given the last actual training given me was quite a few years ago and i didnt bother doing it). I have learnt through this site and other links,plenty of perserverance and stubborness to not give up...i have been predominately sculpting for almost two years..and i love it!
My advice would be just to start of by sculpting your repairs..that way its not so daunting..and keep the tips for your ski jumps and nail biters once you feel confident to tackle a set...keep your tips put away in your drawer and have your forms on the desk. And have fun perfecting them..the hardest parts fitting the form..once you have that sussed..its all easy!:)
Defo a 121 would help you quicker if its available to you!
I am suprised that teaching sculpting is not part of the foundation course. We were taught to tip and sculpt. I was terrified of sculpting and avoided it like the plague, but I have mastered it now and prefer it by far to tipping.

My advice would be to get some proper training (perhaps a one to one) for sculpting. I remember Sam demonstrating sculpting with l&p at one of the nail shows. He made it look so easy:green: .

I can do sculpting no bother with gel or l&p BUT I dont trust my l&p sculpts whatsoever...everytime I do 1 on a client they always say that that was the first to come off...gels on the other hand, trust them 100% full set always still on so why do I have probs with my L&P? L&P tip overlays are fine .

I'm self-taught with regards to sculpting, and still trying to master it (with uv gel). IF you can get a one-to-one course, BOOK IT!
Sculpting is very hard, but well worth learning.

Forms, for me, were the hardest thing to figure out. BUT once you "get it", after that, it all rolls along.

Having said all of that, there are tonnes of threads here, with links and tutorials etc to help you master it.

me too, watched some videos and practised like crazy, basically i just went for it ..... i am not anywhere near as scared as i used to be! LOL

if you can get on a course fantastic, if not you can teach yourself - if i can anyone can

xxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back