How do I stop flies coming into the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
Don't want to complain about the weather or anything but the salon gets hot so we have our windows and front door open. However flies come in and I think it looks horrible! Without standing there like a loony trying to swat them, is there anything I can do to stop them coming in in the first place??
Tried and tested ideas most welcome!

A bead curtain on the door ? So you can have the door wide open, to look welcoming to visitors, but the beads will keep the flies out. There are some nice ones around.

Yeah that's not a bad idea, I read online that you can rub lavender oil or onion juice around the door frame. Hmmm tricky decision!

By some fly killer spray...works a treat and - pass it off as hairspray.:lol:

By some fly killer spray...works a treat and - pass it off as hairspray.:lol:

Ahh beauty salon not hair! Thought that but wasn't sure of smell etc?!

If you are using UV bulbs they are attracted to that.

Perhaps get one of the UV fly killers that you see in food establishments?

put a sticky bun just outside the door? lol

no seriously they are a real pain, I have even cured a couple of little ones onto the nail as they got inside the UV lamp (I didn't charge extra) :irked:

Plastic bag, fill with water and copper coins. Strange I know but the reflection bothers their eyes and they stay away.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh beauty salon not hair! Thought that but wasn't sure of smell etc?!

Flies sure are annoying.

Leave a message in reception ...."To all intimate waxing clients. To reduce the significant number of flies which are present in the salon please ensure you wash your "Jack and Danny" before your appointment and refrain from eating kippers 24 hours beforehand. Thank you for your co-operation"

I would love to see someone' s face reading that...

^^^haha. Virtues. ^^^^

We don't get very warm weather up here in Scotland, but when it heats up I hang a mesh curtain across the open. doorway I got it from Lakeland.
I also tie a wind chime on it too so I can hear anyone coming in the salon if I'm waxing in the treatment room.

Flies sure are annoying.

Leave a message in reception ...."To all intimate waxing clients. To reduce the significant number of flies which are present in the salon please ensure you wash your "Jack and Danny" before your appointment and refrain from eating kippers 24 hours beforehand. Thank you for your co-operation"

I would love to see someone' s face reading that...

Oh I would love to have that up, so funny!!

Latest posts

Back