How do u use the drill,on dry or on wet skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dessi

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I learnt at school that i have to use the drill only on dry skin!, and this i do, when i do man/ped i use it on dry skin, when i make pedicure also i drill the heel and around the nail and after i put the foot into the water. Many clients tell me they see this first time, where ever they go the drill them heel after the water.What u do?? I personaly think that if u use drill after water, the death skin cannot clean very well, am i thinking wrong?

Here comes and another question, do u use razor for the heel? At my school they said we do not have to use it cuz it damages the heel, and i dont use it, but when i have clients with a lot death skin in the her heels, and i know i have to drill like for ever that heels, start to think, why not to use first razor to take out the big parts of death skin and then to continue with drill, but to use the razor before water???? I am little confused, what do u think?

I'm sorry if I can't answer all your questions, but I do know that the use of the 'credo blade' to remove 'dead' skin (callus) is ILLEGAL in many states and in Canada by nail technicians/beauty therapists. Usually, it's only legal if used by a PODIATRIST aka Foot Doctor.

Beauty therapists/technicians/manicurists etc may only use foot files or professional products to remove the calluses.

Hope this helps.

AND if anyone knows better PLEASE correct me.

yes, you would only use a e-file or such on dry skin, however there is no need for this if you soak the foot long enough in the first place..the skin will soften ample enough for you to be able to remove it with a rasp. as for a razor "credo blade" this is a big no-no. unless, as victoria has already stated. the only person i use a credo blade on is myself, cos im too impatient to soak my hoofs, and use a rasp. plus if i cut myself - i cant blame anyone else.

Latest posts

Back