How do YOU apply glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRL4YOU

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know there are numerous ways that glitter can be applied to the tips on nail extensions... Just curious, which method do you find works for you? (dipping your brush into glitter and then applying it on top of the gel nail, mixing the gel & glitter together and then applying on the nail, already buying pre-mixed glitter gel, etc...)

My previous nail tech did a WONDERFUL job on my nails each time with the glitter application but when I'm trying to use the same method now, I find that after the glitter has been applied to the tip, I apply a coat of gel on top to seal it and the glitter always catches on the brush and applies on my entire nail bed).

Here are some photos of her work.....

PS: I love the glitter she uses as well (hexagons and glitter together). I can only find either hexagons alone, or glitter dust alone... By any chance does anyone know where I can purchase this kind of mixed glitter or do you think she probably mixes them herself?

Thanks in advanced :)

- T

Attachments

• IMG02047-20110302-1452.jpg
    IMG02047-20110302-1452.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 678
There are lots of ways of getting this type of effect but it is always best to stick with the products that you trained with ,
it dose not say on your profile who you trained with or what systems you use ?
You will probably be able to get much better answers if you fill in this information ,
Ceri .

There are lots of ways of getting this type of effect but it is always best to stick with the products that you trained with ,
it dose not say on your profile who you trained with or what systems you use ?
You will probably be able to get much better answers if you fill in this information ,
Ceri .

Sorry, still a little new to this website so not sure how to update my profile. I'm currently in training but I am training with Nouveau Nail (however my instructor also said herself that it's not the best brand to use but they use it to train students with it :p). I am also familiar with Cacee as well. Please advise on how to get this effect! I've tried 3 different methods but they don't seem to look exactly like how my nail technician originally does it... She uses Nail Basics. Thanks in advanced :)

It's nsi sparkling glitter. I have loads of it

It's nsi sparkling glitter. I have loads of it

Thank you so so much!!! I have been searching forever for the name but couldn't pin point it in order to look for it! Life saver :)

I can't seem to find this glitter on the nsi website, can anyone help as I love the effect of these nails too, would u sprinkle it on or apply clear gel to a brush and then dip it in the glitter or would u apply the glitter first then the hexagons after? Xx

I can't seem to find this glitter on the nsi website, can anyone help as I love the effect of these nails too, would u sprinkle it on or apply clear gel to a brush and then dip it in the glitter or would u apply the glitter first then the hexagons after? Xx

I also tried looking on the NSI website but could not find any as well. I am also wondering where I can purchase these as well, I am located in Canada!

My nail technician would apply the gel on top of the nail and then dip your brush into the glitter and apply it that way. I believe the "NSI Sparkling Glitter" is actually the glitter dust and hexagons mixed in together. At least that's what I was trying to figure out! :)

Hi I think their definitely per mixed as I can't find anything, I've recently purchased some separately off eBay so I'm going try mixing them to see if it gives the same effect il let u know xx

I have found, that for me, it works best to cure the gel first and use a dry brush to press the glitter into the inhibition layer. It seems to lay the glitter flat so that I don't end up with any lumps or bumps. This way I can even use my fingertip to press it down and make sure it lays flat and the gradient effect seems easier to achieve. Then a simple layer of sealer on top is all I need!
As far as that mix goes.....I am on the wrong side of the pond from you--but I mix my own......

Latest posts

Back