How do you compete?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violet1

Reaction score
Just started up again. Starting advertising for enhancements, but doing a mani/pedi course Tuesday so will have more services soon including shellac. But how do you compete? A salon near me are doing shellac manicure for £15 and an extra £5 for toes too!

Then I go on netmums and you can get 'deluxe' manicure for £12! I will be using CND products and I really do care and love what I do, but how do I compete with these people who are giving it away, just to make a bit of money? How do I get people who want to pay for an excellent service and fantastic products? Most people just want to go down the cheap route.

How do you find these people when you are just starting out? Last time I think I priced myself far too low, which helped me get clients. However I will not be doing it this time!

You will attract quality customers. Your repeat custom will be greater than your competitors. Cheap does not mean good. Most of us know this and customers will learn the hard way.

Don't sell yourself short, it may take you a little longer to get noticed but you will build up a successful business and loyal customer base x

Hi,
I've just taken on a new salon which made a tiny (and I mean tiny) profit last year and previously made losses and although it is a beautiful salon, they couldn't understand why they weren't making money. The first thing I did was put the prices up!! Yes you will lose some customers by doing this and may not be as busy but this will pass. Some people will pay for quality products and excellent service. These are the clients you want to earn and retain. I'd much rather start slow than put my back out keeping up with people claiming to use quality products when the prices tell the professionals that it clearly can't be the case
Good luck with it xx

Latest posts

Back