How do you do your custom blends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akaza

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

How do you prefer to do your custom blends, and why?

Do you like to use tips with the reverse method or sculpt when custom blending?

Do you think there is a difference in the final product between the two methods?

Love to hear your thoughts! :)

I only use the reverse method when doing a French Rebalance. Otherwise I apply the product as normal.

There is no visible difference in the finished product but for me it is quicker and easier on a new set to just do as I always do. I never pull the opaque powder over the white (can't understand why anyone does??) and I find it all a bit ass backwards doing the reverse method from the get go. It doesn't flow well and seems an inefficient way of applying to me.

When I do a French rebalance I just file the smile line into the opaque powder after clipping off the old product from the free edge and then put on a form and sculpt it the normal way.

I am only just getting into (and enjoying) sculpting.....better late than never.
Am I understanding you correctly Geeg, for a rebalance on a foreverfrench (sculpted) nail you clip back the length and then file, then apply a form and sculpt a new white tip?
Does this ever crack the product clipping it off?

I am only just getting into (and enjoying) sculpting.....better late than never.
Am I understanding you correctly Geeg, for a rebalance on a foreverfrench (sculpted) nail you clip back the length and then file, then apply a form and sculpt a new white tip?
Does this ever crack the product clipping it off?

I've never had a problem with cracking but if necessary I do reinforce with a small bead of clear over the zone 1&2 area if I feel it needs it. It is so quick to do a French rebalance this way and so much less of the old filing. (you know how much I try to avoid any filing) :green:

I will give this a try.
I hate all that filing when rebalancing a french, do you have any tips when rebalancing the white on a tip and nno?

Latest posts

Back