How do you go out your way for the client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havering Beauty Academy

Reaction score
What sort of things do you do for your clients and show that you care? From the basic things like making sure they have a drink ready that they always have or remembering their children's birthday etc x

For me it's the usual, remembering conversations we've had about their family etc and asking how everything is going- did little johnny enjoy his bday, every now and then giving them the odd treat like maybe a small discount of another treatment, the norm really. Sometimes I'll make a suggestion based on the something theyve told me ages ago, so oh XXX I got this new Shellac shade today and thought it was really you, that sort of thing. I did have a repeat client the other week book in for Shellac fingers and toes on her actual birthday so gave her a complimentary glass of wine and some Thorntons chocs on a plate for when she was having her Shellac toes done. When she booked the appt i asked if she wanted red or white wine or a nice glass of juice. She was really chuffed bless her. In saying that, I don't think its the giving them things that shows clients we care or going out of our way for them, I think it's about remaining professional but making them the centre of attention when you're pampering them and letting them feel completely relaxed in their surroundings.

I'm not really sure if i've actually answered your question, now i read that back lmao! xx

Lol that's great, I just wanted to see what people do to make them feel special or like you said centre of attention. There are so many different ways we do this and it can be the make or break of keeping a client etc. xx

I actually make sure I spend at least an extra half an hour with clients (they're quite spread out at the moment) so I spend 15mins at the beginning with them having a drink making sure I understand completely what they want and let them choose colours etc, then after the appointment I spend another 15 mins perhaps having another coffee and just generally talking with them as they are family, friends, family friends or friends of friends .

I open on Sunday's, bank holidays etc to accommodate clients. They appreciate it and tend to be very loyal to me as a consequence.

I try to be as accommodating as possible, booking people in when I'm not meant to be working, doing sundays and bank holidays, like Rinn. Nice cuppa or other drink at the start and making them feel comfortable in my home, so no rushing out the door etc.
I like to think that I explain to clients why I think they should do something I am suggesting, not just selling them products. Hopefully meaning I make them have confidence in me and share my love of what I do. Does that sound lame?!

Oh yes I forgot that one, I'm open from Monday to Sunday- working from home allows me to do this. I normally finish or take my last appointment by 7pm but one of my ladies who has already booked in for toes earlier in the week, needed her nails done a few days later (nearer to her holiday) and was finishing late from work, so I said I'd book her appointment at 8pm this time. She's a beauty therapist and doesn't get time to do her own nails at work, she shows loyalty by rebooking with me, so why not. I just made her aware that I don't normally open that late, I don't want to shoot myself in the foot now do I?! :D Bless her heart, she was so appreciative.

Interesting thread! I am flexible on appointment times, remember family names, holidays they go, how they take their coffee etc.. I have several clients with small children and I allow them to bring the kids. I have a box of toys available for them to play with. I don't do the birthday thing unless the appointment is on the actual day and then I would give a card. Every Christmas I give a hand written card to each client with a small gift. Last year I gave a glittery nail file. So many people were really chuffed with that. For my regular Shellac clients I give them a complimentary mini Solar oil about every 2 months, just to keep in their handbags. It's amazing how much a small gesture keeps clients loyal! x

Latest posts

Back