How do you hold your hairdryer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Bit of a random one but was wondering how many, if any, of you hold your hairdryers by the barrel as opposed the the handle?

I'm a leftie and i hold by the handle :)

My sisters been a hairdresser for years and holds it by the barrel! I hold mine by the handle :) x

There's a guy in my salon who uses his foot

Bit of a random one but was wondering how many, if any, of you hold your hairdryers by the barrel as opposed the the handle?

Depends what kind of style dry I'm doing but sometimes hold the barrel bad habit I know

Right hand by the Handle and Under arm inbetween sections.
Always tried to use both but could never guide the drier properly with left hand x

No I'm only kidding lol I forgot to write that oh god lol

No I'm only kidding lol I forgot to write that oh god lol

Lol, now that would've been impressive!

Back to original question, dryer held by the handle most of the time and now starting to hold on to barrel as well.

Ah see I hold the barrel mostly but hold the handle when it's more comfortable to do do. I find holding the barrel much better for posture, otherwise you're shoulders are constantly raised. Most hairdressers think I'm weird but I saw someone I used to work with doing it. Wish I was ambidextrous but can't seem to grasp it.

Depends what kind of style dry I'm doing but sometimes hold the barrel bad habit I know

Just out of interest why is a bad habit to hold the barrel? I hold mine by the barrel, I find it doesn't seem to bend your wrists so much?

Just out of interest why is a bad habit to hold the barrel? I hold mine by the barrel, I find it doesn't seem to bend your wrists so much?

It was drummed into me yrs ago not to do it but I do find it more comfortable depends what I'm doing though

I hold it by the handle, I can switch hands aswell x

Barrel. I hold it with my left hand while using a brush, right hand when I don't use one (right handed)

I'm not tall so it's a lot better for my posture.

Barrel if its dryer in left hand, handle if dryer is in right hand, my muscles in my left arm and shoulder don't seem as strong as my right and it aches terribly if I try hold left handed by he handle!

The only time I Hold mine by the barrel Is when I am drying Afro hair with a Afro pik attachment as I need to get really good tension to straighten as much as possible.

Barrel, handle, left, right....I'm jazzy like that ;)

handle either hand ambidextrous!!!! think that's how you spell it.!!lol

Latest posts

Back