How do you know your client hasn't used Solar Oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
I see it mentioned on here a lot, how you 'know' they havn't used Solar oil, when you see the condition of the nails on the next appointment.

I am interested to know what it is you are actually seeing before you, as I am unsure that I would actually know what the visual, or other pointers would be.

I see it mentioned on here a lot, how you 'know' they havn't used Solar oil, when you see the condition of the nails on the next appointment.

I am interested to know what it is you are actually seeing before you, as I am unsure that I would actually know what the visual, or other pointers would be.

With most of the clients I've had that haven't used the oil, I can tell due to the dry spots and by the amount of cuticle work I have to do on their re-shellac appointment. If the nail plates are excessively dry, then clearly they haven't been moisturising them in any way, whether that be with oil or hand creams. The cuticles and surrounding skin will also be dry, possibly cracked, hang nails etc. My clients that have religiously used their oil every day between appointments don;t have this when they did at their first appointment, so I can therefore see clearly that they have been using it.

My friend for example, each time she came back, her dry spots were worse and the cuticle work was taking forever. She had sworn to me that she was using the oil but I told her I could tell and she then admitted she hadn't been using it.

If you use the oil on your own fingernails, you should be able to tell from yours how effective the oil is, so therefore you can usually tell very easily when someone isn't using it :wink2:

Thanks Planky, I don't know why I ever thought it may be more than that. I expected some kind of special sign, that only I didn't know about. :o :D

Is it possible that the solar oil can change your nail colour?

I have been using it for approximately 2 weeks now and have noticed that the new nail growing in is now a healthy pink colour compared to the rest of my nail. I have put it down to the oil as its the only reason. Or could there be some other explanation?:) x

Is it possible that the solar oil can change your nail colour?

I have been using it for approximately 2 weeks now and have noticed that the new nail growing in is now a healthy pink colour compared to the rest of my nail. I have put it down to the oil as its the only reason. Or could there be some other explanation?:) x

Sounds like its doing its job to me! :)

Of course the action of rubbing it over the nail and skin will promote the flow of blood and therefore oxygen to the cells and will also result in a healthy appearance.

I always know. And I always say, yes I can tell. When they use it I find it so easy to push the cuticles back as they are soft. The cuticles can be stubborn and really stuck to the nail plate if not. If a client admits to always forgetting, I tell them to keep a bottle by the bathroom sink so they will see it when they come to brush their teeth. I always keep a bottle by mine & then I never forget to use it :)

Apply your own shellac, using solar oil every day and take a picture when you remove them.
Reapply your shellac and do not use any solar oil. 2 weeks later when you remove it, take another picture.

The difference will be obvious to you, but you can use the pictures for reference if you forget.

Without solar oil the nails can often have white patches and be flaky and the cuticles can be tougher and stick to the nail plate more.

HTH xx

I have always found with enhancements, when clipping away the tip to re-new. If the clients tips tend to "ping" off then they have been using it. If they "crumble" or just come away with ease then they have not x

Fingers look younger:D
All the skin around the nail plate is soft, supple, smooth. The nails themselves are more flexible with out being soft, the nail bed has a faint rosy blush under the nail.
All of this is the same as a child's nails, one who doesn't smoke, drink, bite or otherwise abuse their nails that is.:rolleyes:
Re child, I mean anyone under the age of 16 :eek:

Latest posts

Back