How do you manage your hair when using products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevew

Reaction score
Guys i'm male and recently buyed some styling paste around £15 so quite expensive but i don't know when to use it. Like do i need to wash it out every day? But then people say it's not good to wet your hair everyday? and you can't sleep with hair product it can cause acne and just isn't good for your hair.
I often have showers in the evening. the only way i can think of using it is having a shower in the morning... putting it in my hair drying off etc then washing it off every day.
I shampoo and conditioner every other day.
My hair is thick and very straight, i use the paste to add texture.

Thanks
Steve

It depends on your scalp. If it gets itchy then wash it every day, if it doesnt then you can leave it an extra day.

Product shouldnt cause acne.

What is the product called and where did you get it from?

The product is called Redken rough paste 12. I told them i have thick, straight hair and want to add texture. When i put it in when it's dry it tends just to look a bit greasy so i was thinking i should put it in when my hair is wet.
EDIT: When you say wash it do i need to like shampoo it or just rinse? And is doing that every day bad for your hair?

The product is called Redken rough paste 12. I told them i have thick, straight hair and want to add texture. When i put it in when it's dry it tends just to look a bit greasy so i was thinking i should put it in when my hair is wet.
EDIT: When you say wash it do i need to like shampoo it or just rinse? And is doing that every day bad for your hair?

When I say wash I mean shampoo and condition.

No put it in dry hair and make sure you apply it evenly, take a small amount and rub it into your hands to warm it up.

Don't run your hands through the front of your hair as it will course a build up straight away and will look greasy.

There is a boy who posts lots of YouTube videos on men's hair but I can't remember his name :/

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I've watched a few videos on it. One person seemed to put a little bit on the ends of the hair then going in deeper into the hair. I mean should i just start putting into the back of my hair then working down putting a bit on the front?

Should add i have hair short around the sides, sizzor cut though and a long fringe kind of liek yours i think instead of sweaping it to one side it kind of goes does but to my left.

I've watched a few videos on it. One person seemed to put a little bit on the ends of the hair then going in deeper into the hair. I mean should i just start putting into the back of my hair then working down putting a bit on the front?

Should add i have hair short around the sides, sizzor cut though and a long fringe kind of liek yours i think instead of sweaping it to one side it kind of goes does but to my left.

Yeah so all you need to do is dry it in the direction you want it to sit with the hairdryer, them apply the product, twist and scrunch the hair until your happy with the shape

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Put some in my hair today like you said/saw in those videos, didn't look greasy atall although i put a pea sized amount in (i heard thats all you need) it wasn't very strong though, like i think addex texture but it's still quite floppy. Any advice? Would putting it in when my hair is damp then drying be better for strength?

Put some in my hair today like you said/saw in those videos, didn't look greasy atall although i put a pea sized amount in (i heard thats all you need) it wasn't very strong though, like i think addex texture but it's still quite floppy. Any advice? Would putting it in when my hair is damp then drying be better for strength?

No you can always add a little bit more,or finish of with a shtrong hold hairspray :)

I kept it in for 1 night, after my wash my hair felt a bit dry like it did back when i used normal shampoo and when i scratched my scalp dry skin came off. What do you think i should do?

I kept it in for 1 night, after my wash my hair felt a bit dry like it did back when i used normal shampoo and when i scratched my scalp dry skin came off. What do you think i should do?

Make sure your giving it a good scrub,if you have any further problems go back to the Salon you bought it from ask them for some advice x

What shampoo exactly are you using?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm using Aussia Mircale moist. It's meant to be good for straight thick hair. Certainly has stopped dead skin on scalp and hair feels smoother.

Latest posts

Back