How do you mobile beauticians cope with carting all your equipment around?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollie90

Reaction score
Iv recently looked into going mobile and realised how much stuff id need, table, chair, not to mention all my equipment I already use - uv lamp, nails, nail varnishes plus many more things!

How do you manage to carry it all around and in to the clients house without taking a few journeys to your
car, also if clients live in flats do you manage to carry your things easily to their home?

What do you think essential to a mobile treatment and what equipment do you use?

I got a trolley!! Was soo funny watching everyone in the thread putting their order in!! Roo salon must have wondered what was going on! It's lovely because it's not heavy to start with.

I have many different cases, a No.7 make up box that my aunt gave me is for my waxing and tinting bits, my shellac is in a shallow storage box so they all stay upright.

My minx is in a purple antler box I got from Avon I also have a pink antler for some of my make up.

For my bigger kits I have the big storage boxes with lids that u can find in b&q for example as they can fit everything in.

As you start you will soon figure out ways to be smart when packing kits! And being super organised. I have the foldable storage boxes in my boot for any loose little bags and lamps etc.

Unfortunately some peoples homes are awkward but I think hey it's keeping me fit lugging it all around lol, at least I'm not sat at a desk in some office bored!

Good luck Hun
Xx

I got a trolley!! Was soo funny watching everyone in the thread putting their order in!! Roo salon must have wondered what was going on! It's lovely because it's not heavy to start with.

I have many different cases, a No.7 make up box that my aunt gave me is for my waxing and tinting bits, my shellac is in a shallow storage box so they all stay upright.

My minx is in a purple antler box I got from Avon I also have a pink antler for some of my make up.

For my bigger kits I have the big storage boxes with lids that u can find in b&q for example as they can fit everything in.

As you start you will soon figure out ways to be smart when packing kits! And being super organised. I have the foldable storage boxes in my boot for any loose little bags and lamps etc.

Unfortunately some peoples homes are awkward but I think hey it's keeping me fit lugging it all around lol, at least I'm not sat at a desk in some office bored!

Good luck Hun
Xx

That's great thank you. Do you carry a portable table and chair around with you?

I struggle a lot. I have all the good gear but the amount of stuff I carry with me makes me tired and anxious.

I have great bags, trolleys etc. but I really hate all the lagging :(

I have done my back in carrying stuff... I use public transport to get to my mobile clients, and then I am on foot to get to the actual place :O There is just so much stuff, granted I dont take it all to a client but by the time I have packed what I need, I might as well have taken the lot!

So, the message from me here is not only do you need to take care of your back whilst doing treatments etc, but you need to take care of your back and neck too... dont make my mistake ladies & gents :D xx

I struggle a lot. I have all the good gear but the amount of stuff I carry with me makes me tired and anxious.

I have great bags, trolleys etc. but I really hate all the lagging :(

:( thats what I'm worried about

I have done my back in because I use public transport to get to my mobile clients, and then I am on foot to get to the actual place :O

So, the message from me here is not only do you need to take care of your back whilst doing treatments etc, but you need to take care of your back and neck too... dont make my mistake ladies & gents:D xx

I bet that's hard work carrying all your stuff around. You must be better than me, I can hardly find places with a sat nav!!

I've found lightweight tool boxes to be fab for makeup and nail items, storage box for waxing, small case on wheels for facials etc.

Some days it drives me mad having to carry everything around, especially when its cold and raining and I have lots to carry.

Most of the time I thank my lucky stars to have the best job in the world and the freedom of being my own boss without any of the pressures that come with owning a salon :lol:

I bet that's hard work carrying all your stuff around. You must be better than me, I can hardly find places with a sat nav!!

Sat navs can sometimes take you the long winded way around I heard also? I wouldnt know what to do with one of those if I tried

It's just lucky for me that when I lived around here when I was a kid, I did about 15 paper rounds over the whole city, so I know where I am going I'd say oooh, 90% of the time

Lol! Yes they do, mine is rubbish and takes me to the complete wrong places!

I've found lightweight tool boxes to be fab for makeup and nail items, storage box for waxing, small case on wheels for facials etc.

Some days it drives me mad having to carry everything around, especially when its cold and raining and I have lots to carry.

Most of the time I thank my lucky stars to have the best job in the world and the freedom of being my own boss without any of the pressures that come with owning a salon :lol:

Do you carry a portable table?

Lol! Yes they do, mine is rubbish and takes me to the complete wrong places!

Eeek! :D Well, at least you wont get rained on in your car, and also you save a lot of time.. and also your back :)

I do have a portable table, it's the right height, has a cushion and a drawer. I also use an open top tool case I got in b&q, it fits all the chemicals n tools and keeps them all upright and in easy reach. Iove it ;)

Do you carry a portable table?

Yes I have a portable manicure table and a portable couch. I went for the lightest ones I could and they can still be difficult to negotiate in some houses, especially if I have to go up steps but you do get used to it.

Ive got a table and chairs but dont always need to use them. U do get used to it and sometimes have to go back twice to the car :biggrin:

Mobile ladies - total respect to every one of you.

I am salon based and would never ever want to be mobile.

I have read how you all manage but honestly I can't imagine having to pack the car and unpack the car 7 times a day, set-up your equipment, take it all down again, deal with animals, and kids, getting lost, or stuck in traffic, or drive miles between clients - and when you get there they aren't in or change their minds!

I think I would end up in jail for doing something awful one day lol.

You are hard-core and should never under-sell your services.

Peace and respect

Jacqui xx

Mobile ladies - total respect to every one of you.

I am salon based and would never ever want to be mobile.

I have read how you all manage but honestly I can't imagine having to pack the car and unpack the car 7 times a day, set-up your equipment, take it all down again, deal with animals, and kids, getting lost, or stuck in traffic, or drive miles between clients - and when you get there they aren't in or change their minds!

I think I would end up in jail for doing something awful one day lol.

You are hard-core and should never under-sell your services.

Peace and respect

Jacqui xx

yes it can be hard...but so worth it for me! No overhead to really worry about plus not stuck inside all day. I strictly inforce my 24hr cancellation policy, which no one has argued with since I do know their name and address! But there are many advantages to salon based as well...maybe one day I will get my own space and set up for good!

back to OP.....I have 2 storage cases (one for nail art and one for gel), a large carry bag that holds my lamps and larger tools, my manicure table, and I clamp all onto a small foldable dolly and wheel it behind me. It's pretty easy unless there are a lot of stairs. :)

Thank you for all your advice , will deffinatly be investing in a trolley! X

Latest posts

Back