How do you pick yourself up? Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel123

Reaction score
My best friend died New Year's Eve and I have been finding life tough , now my my aunt was just diagnosed with lung cancer Am finding life hard and cruel and wondering why we work so hard ? Feeling very negative 👎can anyone help xx

Oh lovely what an awful lot to be going through.

Back in Sept 2011 my 33 year old sister was diagnosed with breast and lymph node cancer, my nan died in Feb 2012, my other nan died just nine days later and my uncle died of liver cancer in the August. I found it incredibly hard, I wondered who was next and I lost my positivity and my ability to find a silver lining in anything and thought things don't happen for a reason. Little by little the fog begins to clear. As flippant as it sounds life moves on, but thank god it does because you do eventually begin to feel like everything will be ok and you will smile and laugh again. You'll begin to look back at memories and be so grateful you have them, as opposed to looking at them as a cruel reminder of what you've lost.

My sister is cancer free now, she's still on tablets but it's looking good. I got married in April 2011 and what used to be a painful memory is now a lovely one because that was the last time we spent together as a big family. I'm pregnant now and believe that it's about time our family had something to look forward to. .. a new life.

I'm not trying to over take your thread or anything like that, I'm just trying to say hang in there, there's light at the end of the tunnel and you won't always feel quite so fragile... times a great healer lovely, don't expect too much of yourself, it's ok to grieve and be sad.

Much love xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanku xx finding it hard , as in the sept and oct also lost 2 uncles to cancer just feeling like everything is bad , I know things can only get better , but my best friend was supposedly cancer free went in with vertigo and diagnosed with with a brain tumour( secondary) lasted 7 weeks life is just so hard xx

And u seem to be coping so well happy feet ! Xx after being thru so much xx big hugs xx

You will get through it honey, I know it feels like you never will, but trust me life has a beautiful way of carrying you forward. Xxx hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sending big hugs your way. My brother died on New Year's Day 2012 and it was the most horrendous feeling ever, at this point u will feel like u won't cope and your hurting real bad but you will start to realise how strong you are, mainly for being strong for other people. That's what got me through the real hard parts. Surround yourself with understanding positive people and do what u want to do, feel how u want to feel. Don't make excuses for your feelings. Grieve how u want and be kind to yourself. Thinking of you xxxxx

Just wanted to send some love to you geeks <3 ive just filled up reading the posts! Ive only lost my grandad back in 2009 on my dads side, on my dads birthday, it was hard seeing my dad and nan go through it (he had pancreatic cancer) my dad went a bit doolaly which is only natural, we had to take a step back from my dad as hes not the person to cry and let things out like us ladies can! Thats not a patch on what you geeks have been through and it annoys me how cruel life can be. Like other geeks have said although it doesnt seem like it now, things WILL get better, chin up chick, youve always got us geeks here :)
Xxxxxxxx

Thanku all for your kind words xxx means so much , sending hugs back xxx

Feel for you, I lost my dad 2 weeks ago and still think I'm in shock. The best advice someone gave me is "you never get over it but you do get on with it". Don't feel bad if you have happy days amongst your bad days, deal with it how you feel you need and try to find the positives X

Didn't want to read and run. So sad reading through this thread. Hope everyone is ok xx

My heart goes out to you all :( so sad reading these posts xxxx

In march 2008 my brother was admitted to hospital, he had cerebral palsy so it wasn't unusual for him to be hospitalised however I went to visit one night as usual and he was asleep so I stayed a while and then left him with my mom. Next morning my dad asked me to drop him at hospital even though he'd planned to go later. I dropped him and went to work only to receive a phone call telling me and my sister to go immediately, wouldn't say why. We where there within 10 minutes but where already to late, he'd died of pneumonia and because he was disabled the hospital refused to resuscitate, my whole world collapsed around me. It took a while but I managed to pick myself up and carry on although he's in my thoughts every second of every day. My family, my husband and my best friend in the world helped me through it. I got married June 2012 and I'm not going to lie, although it was an amazing day there was a lot of tears too and we did a balloon release in memory of him and hubby's mom.
December 8th 2012 I was up getting ready when I got a call from my best friends mom, the girl who had been my rock through everything, we'd shared it all, the ups, the downs, the everything in between, was dead. She'd been in her boyfriends car, he crashed and she was killed instantly at 26 years old. Mom of 2 children. My world came crashing down all over again only this time by biggest support was the one who'd died. The case against her boyfriend took until November 2013 and he was found not guilty and I'm not going to lie, it's made it a lot harder to deal with. I could go into a lot more detail however this posts already ridiculously long. Even now I have good and bad days, I can't bear to look at pics of her at the moment. She was bridesmaid at my wedding so can't even bring myself to look at that.
Moral of my story is you will get there, it's not going to be easy, you'll never get over it but you will learn to live with it. Don't be afraid to cry and please don't bottle everything up, if you need to talk to someone then do it, you do whatever you feel it takes.
Hugs xxxxx

Hugs to all life can be so cruel. But it can also be amazing. It does get easier &#10084;&#65039;Xxxxxxx

Sending hugs &#128151;xxxxx

Life can be so cruel xx but tks all for sharing your stories and sadness too , in a way makes me feel a bit better that I am not alone xx thanks sending love and hugs xx &#128151;

Life can be so cruel xx but tks all for sharing your stories and sadness too , in a way makes me feel a bit better that I am not alone xx thanks sending love and hugs xx &#128151;

Sometimes it good to share your problems/worries!
Something's in life are terrible but we cope because we have to, having good people around to help on the way is so important xxx

So sad for you :(
There is nothing that will fix things or make them better to be honest. Time doesn't heal wounds but you will learn to live with the pain and it does get easier.

I went through a rough patch in my teens when I had 7 people close to me died all within 3 years. It started with my 16 year old cousin committing suicide and then my dad passed away only 36 years old and then my grandpa and then a friend died in aids and the list goes on and it just never seemed to end!
I found councilling good for me and talking good memories with people who also knew these people who passed.

It might feel like there is no light in your life at the moment but you will pull through I promise you :)

Take care

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So sad for you :(
There is nothing that will fix things or make them better to be honest. Time doesn't heal wounds but you will learn to live with the pain and it does get easier.

I went through a rough patch in my teens when I had 7 people close to me died all within 3 years. It started with my 16 year old cousin committing suicide and then my dad passed away only 36 years old and then my grandpa and then a friend died in aids and the list goes on and it just never seemed to end!
I found councilling good for me and talking good memories with people who also knew these people who passed.

It might feel like there is no light in your life at the moment but you will pull through I promise you :)

Take care

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That was a very tough time for you - sorry to hear that xx thanks for your kind words and I hope you are doing ok now too &#128591;take care xx

Latest posts

Back