How do you remove 3d nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
Nails are not my preferred area of work but I am getting more and more interested in them.
I've found some really nice 3d nail art online that I'm going to order to try out on my nails.

I know how to glue them on but how would I remove them? How do you remove them?

I'll attach a picture of what 3d nail art I mean..

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425615.411529.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425587.794730.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388425587.794730.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 364
Its the crown I am mainly talking about in the picture. Wouldn't know where to start removing it. It's says they are reusable so I wouldn't want to damage them. I wouldn't reuse them on clients, but I would my nails.

Hi, with something as large and heavy (as 3d nail charms go) as that crown I'm not sure glue would be the best way to apply it. I would suggest using a bead of acrylic or curing it in gel, and then you remove by soaking off like you would with any enhancement. Hope this helps!

I use a blob of acrylic to hold them......removing is a nitemare!!!!!!soaking takes ages!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies! Never thought of using a bead of acrylic seems obvious now, just used the obvious choice of glue. Hopefully the acetone doesn't ruin the nail art when soaking.!

I use a blob of acrylic to hold them......removing is a nitemare!!!!!!soaking takes ages!!!!!!!!

Hi, have you tried filing around the acrylic bead first? Should help with removal.

If you soak off to remove with a view of reusing rember the acetone will probably wreck /tarnish them . If there not wrecked already from being on nails x amount of time ;)

To remove 3d gems and other embellishments I just file around the sides till it pops off ,

If you soak off to remove with a view of reusing rember the acetone will probably wreck /tarnish them . If there not wrecked already from being on nails x amount of time ;)

To remove 3d gems and other embellishments I just file around the sides till it pops off ,

I thought the acetone would ruin it! It'll be a bit awkward to get the file on it but I'll give it a try. Thanks you!

Latest posts

Back