How do you remove your gel polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remove Shellac by using lint pads soaked in acetone (CND nourishing remover) placed on the nail and held in place with pro-tip clips.
Brilliant!
Clients like it too because they can drink their mug of coffee while waiting...
What are the nail clips please?

The pro tip clips are more expensive than ones on eBay but they are very robust. Purchase from sweet squared

Thanks so much.

I use the Gel II Steam remover and love it. xxx

I looked into these a while ago, my thoughts were, wouldn't the steam make the nail soft & bendy because it's absorbed the water? How have you found this? especially if doing a removal & reapplication.

I looked into these a while ago, my thoughts were, wouldn't the steam make the nail soft & bendy because it's absorbed the water? How have you found this? especially if doing a removal & reapplication.

It's not water steam it's acetone steam - I was a bit confused when they first lauched it as I couldn't understand how steam could remove Gel Polish because surely it would peel off in the shower, etc. When I researched it, you fill the wells in the steamer with (iirc) 10ml of acetone which is heated to create 'acetone steam' which breaks down the product.

Clever concept, I've seen pictures of it at work and looks good, but I've read posts both good and bad and have seen them up for sale second hand as people couldn't get on with them, so I'm not convinced they're the way to go. They're not quicker than foil wrapping either, both methods take about 10 minutes.

I use 5ml of acetone in each well. It doesn't take any less time but I find it a lot less faffy than using foil wraps and am saving money now on not using the foil wraps. The nails don't actually soak in the acetone - the steam is what lifts the gel polish off the nail so the nails aren't left bendy at all - it is actually a lot less acetone exposure to the nail than when soaking with foils! A bonus also is the clients hands are fixed in the steamer & they can't fiddle about and loosen the wraps!! xx

I use 5ml of acetone in each well. It doesn't take any less time but I find it a lot less faffy than using foil wraps and am saving money now on not using the foil wraps. The nails don't actually soak in the acetone - the steam is what lifts the gel polish off the nail so the nails aren't left bendy at all - it is actually a lot less acetone exposure to the nail than when soaking with foils! A bonus also is the clients hands are fixed in the steamer & they can't fiddle about and loosen the wraps!! xx
Do you still use your steamer? thinking of buying one but what do you do when you can only do one hand at a time? lol

I buff the gel polish to break the surface, then place 1/2 a cotton make-up up pad folded in half again after soaking in acetone from a pump dispenser onto the nail and then place plastic soak off clips on. I have tried many different ways and i find this the easiest and fastest. Sometimes
I will re-soak the pads half way through if its still not super easily scraping away :)

I buff the gel polish to break the surface, then place 1/2 a cotton make-up up pad folded in half again after soaking in acetone from a pump dispenser onto the nail and then place plastic soak off clips on. I have tried many different ways and i find this the easiest and fastest. Sometimes
I will re-soak the pads half way through if its still not super easily scraping away :)
Thanks - I was asking about the nail steamer but any tips at all help - what clips do you use ? X

Latest posts

Back