How do you remove your gel polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay RS

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks!
Quick thread to just see how you remove your gel polish from your clients, and what way do you find the fastest!

I sometimes buff the nail and wrap in cotton pads, and other times i use my E-File and then soak lightly in cotton pads.

Hi fellow geeks!
Quick thread to just see how you remove your gel polish from your clients, and what way do you find the fastest!

I sometimes buff the nail and wrap in cotton pads, and other times i use my E-File and then soak lightly in cotton pads.
What kind of gel polish are you using that requires an efile?

It's just slightly quicker, I trained with young nails so I know how to use it safely. Just wanted to see what other methods people found fastest for themselves [emoji4]

Quicker isn't always better. Is Young Nails gel soak off? You should follow their instructions for removal.

Quicker isn't always better. Is Young Nails gel soak off? You should follow their instructions for removal.

I never said it was, i did train with them a number of years ago so i am well aware of their instructions for removal of products and their methods :)

What are their instructions?

Here's an information sheet so you can see you can in fact use an e-file, as i said i did train with them years ago and know their products well and their methods.

Can I file the product off safely? Yes! We recommend using our patent pending safety bit and arbor bands to gently perform this procedure. Remember it’s not the tools that do damage, it’s the fools!

Attachments

• maniqcolor_newinstructions (1) (1).pdf
    693.4 KB · Views: 46
Seems like you have it all figured out. You certainly don't need my help. Best of luck!

Seems like you have it all figured out. You certainly don't need my help. Best of luck!

I wasn't looking help, i was just wondering what way others removed theirs as there is loads of different ways people do it :)

I soak off using foil wraps, works a treat for me!

Hi ordered these to try out. There is place for warm water and on top for acetone. Could be good for acrylic removals. Not sure about gel but I'll try it as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160721-215038.png
    Screenshot_20160721-215038.png
    482.2 KB · Views: 176
Hi ordered these to try out. There is place for warm water and on top for acetone. Could be good for acrylic removals. Not sure about gel but I'll try it as well.

These look good, let me know how you get on with them!

I must say as a client I would run a mile if someone tried to remove my gel nails with an e-file. I would much prefer to wait the extra few minutes to do it with a pad and foil etc.

I must say as a client I would run a mile if someone tried to remove my gel nails with an e-file. I would much prefer to wait the extra few minutes to do it with a pad and foil etc.

If it was someone competent with a e-file and I had the hard gel on, I'd prefer they used it. I don't like having my nails soaking in acetone personally.

My Japanese daughter in law is very nimble with these tools so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

I remove Shellac by using lint pads soaked in acetone (CND nourishing remover) placed on the nail and held in place with pro-tip clips.
Brilliant!
Clients like it too because they can drink their mug of coffee while waiting...

I am currently using the nail wipes soaked in acetone wrapped in foil i do buff first just to break the seal really...... however... i am thinking about the liitle tips that cover the nail... just there are so many... not sure which ones are best...

I am currently using the nail wipes soaked in acetone wrapped in foil i do buff first just to break the seal really...... however... i am thinking about the liitle tips that cover the nail... just there are so many... not sure which ones are best...

I would use them too and i actually really like using them and there cheap and cheerful off ebay!

We use these in my shop and I love them!

I use the Gel II Steam remover and love it. xxx

I use the Gel II Steam remover and love it. xxx

I've really wanted to get this, does it use much acetone, how long does it take to remove a set?

Latest posts

Back