How do you take your photos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
Its about time I started getting a portfolio together, also for a website!
I want my pictures to look really professional, not just like ive taken on my phone..
Whats the best way to do this?
How have you geeks done yours?
Anyone invested in an SLR camera?
xox

I have done alot of my portfolio puc from my phone or digital camera I would have some type of material you could use for background and jus maybe some type of spot light lamps for lighting be creative and do couple trial pics and before and afters but even the cell pics I think it's all how you present them in a book rather scrapbook style or photo album style otherwise really professional portfolios cost alot of money maybe there is a photographer u can barter with... Crags list is good for that ;)

am very lucky coz my best pals a photographer so she did mine, soz am no help

hi dont know if it helps but for mine once i have the salon sorted am making sure i have at least 1 wall painted white/ pale cream so i have a good background hth x

Thanks guys!
I suppose its all about good lighting and a background!
xox

If you have a college anywhere near you that does a photography course, you may find students would jump at the chance to do pics for you.

That way, they get photographs to put in their portfolio and so do you!

If they are interested in fashion photography then even better

HTH

Its about time I started getting a portfolio together, also for a website!
I want my pictures to look really professional, not just like ive taken on my phone..
Whats the best way to do this?
How have you geeks done yours?
Anyone invested in an SLR camera?
xox

I had some photos done for my website, this isn't the gallery though, but ones of me, as a business mentor told me as I'm providing a personal service people want to put a face to the name, and she's right, so many new customers have commented on it. I was lucky my beautician did a special offer, my colours matched, make up session then a photographic session, which were all put on a disc, all in £129. My gallery pictures could be a lot better, I hate seeing clients furniture etc in the background, plus lighting is different from house to house, time of day. I have got a decent camera but I'm useless with it, then a few times I've forgotten it and had no choice but to use my phone, only recently as forgot my camera so many times but refused to use my phone as I think it looks tacky.

HTH x

Latest posts

Back