How do you techs get your gems to stay on the nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallysally

Reaction score
I have just seen some amazing gems on nails in the 'what nails are you sporting today" thread.

My problem in they never seem to stay in place....what glue and technique do you ladies use???

I use CND as my nail system.

If on Shellac'ed nails I'd apply 2 colour coats, before curing the 2nd coat add the gems, cure, then top coat.

If I do straight onto acrylic I use my nail tip glue to apply.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I cure them in a layer of top coat, and then put an extra bit around the base of the stones and cure again.

Do you apply them with a white kohl pencil or tweezers or any other special implement I need to invest in?

I applt top coat, cure then buff gently to remove shine and i use a 3d mini acrylic brush from crystal nails and stick the gems on with very tiny blobs of acrylic. Then they will never come off.

I always found setting in top coat or using nail adhesive like Polybond very hit and miss xx

I applt top coat, cure then buff gently to remove shine and i use a 3d mini acrylic brush from crystal nails and stick the gems on with very tiny blobs of acrylic. Then they will never come off.

I always found setting in top coat or using nail adhesive like Polybond very hit and miss xx

Thanks Claire that is great info...Do you use little acrylic blobs over gel or is this your procedure when using acrylic?

Latest posts

Back