How do you work out what rent to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffystuff

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Ok-Im not too sure whether anyone will be able to help but here goes!!!!Ok, so Ive seen premises that I quite like, but its HUGE!!!!Over 3 floors so I was considering renting out 1 floor, or rather, dividing it up into rooms and renting them out, my thoughts so far are to provide services that if I were in a smaller place, I wouldnt be able to offer ie over and above the normal beauty and aesthetic treatments say a nutrionist and alternative therapist (anymore ideas would be more than welcome too:lol:). But how on earth do I work out what rent, how to split the bills etc?Also-would I be best stipulating that they have to have theyre own till and pdq machines so as my banking is straight forward (anything for an easy life!) The mind boggles once again!!!!:eek:
x

i think you should think about it, depends what treatments are being done!!

When we had a semi perment lady in she paided £50 for each time she done someone :) xxx

Thanks for replying lil ash! I have thought about and its driving me round the bend! Things like teeth whitening, semi perm makeup, fillers etc will be renting space from 'my salon' and are treatments that Id provide regardless of size. However, because this particular place is so big, I thought that if I could get service providers in on a perm rental-ie fulltime not just a day per week/month, offering something that I wouldnt incorporate normally like for eg a nutritionist, then it would all be extra money towards my rent and give my salon a broader sector to serve. If that makes any sense?!But Im struggling to find out how Id price it and split everything and also how to take the money for the service they will be providing as it wont actually be going to me.........?

Thats interesting that they gave you £50 per client-thats really good! I would have thought £50 for the rental of the room! See-it shows how much I know!
x

Or charge £50-£200 a week depend where u are??

get people in for sports massage etc... not all doing the same.. what about hairdressers , hair extentions :p

Hypnotherapy
acupuncture
are another two to consider

Latest posts

Back