How does room temperature affect nail application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella

Reaction score
Posted Today at 10:17 AM by Isabella
Hi, I'm doing my NVQ level 3, and I've come accross this section. I have got plenty for if the temperature is too hot, but I can't find much about a cold room.
I have longer curing, and crystalinzing of product, and client won't be comfortable or relaxed. Is there anything else I can put?
This is my first thread ever!. :eek:

welcome then..

I use a temp EQ for my dappen... so if it gets too hot, well it doesn't affect my monomere. when I nail art it's really useful. I don't care much when I do a p&w, as I am used to working fast.

also use a system that won't cure too fast in the beginning, and then if you can, use a system that would suffer less from temp changes.

Every chemical reaction is affected by temperature changes. (so am I as a matter of fact):)

Your answers are good ones and you can add that the cold can also affect the adhesion of the product to the nail plate in a negative way.

Well done ... you did it X

Gosh I learnt it the hard way for the changes due to a cold surrounding!!!

I didn't mention it because we're in summer and I now have solved my cold fingers issue doing my nails with a cup of tea or coffee, anything hot...... lol.

btw Geeg, is moxi a fast setting as in.. fast setting, or, as my friend said, a liquid that isn't affected by temp changes?

welcome then..

I use a temp EQ for my dappen... so if it gets too hot, well it doesn't affect my monomere. when I nail art it's really useful. I don't care much when I do a p&w, as I am used to working fast.

also use a system that won't cure too fast in the beginning, and then if you can, use a system that would suffer less from temp changes.

What exactly is it that you use to regulate the temperature?

Also, I know from previous posts that you are super fast with your application - any tips for excercises to practice getting faster (other than the obvious one of just doing lots of sets of nails :lol:)

Thanks,

Hazel

well, yeah, practicing (perfectly) is the first key,
knowing your product
using a good brush (I obviously use a big one, as I pick a bigger bead, and blahblah)
and your application has to be perfect too.

I use my file just for the free edge almost... (and rebalance), and sometimes don't even need it.

and keep in mind that it is not that pleasant to run after the clock like we have to do... if I could just... you know... I remember in the beginning I was so stressed because of my times, it would eat all of my energy, I'd go back home and sleep straight away. if you don't have to, I think 1:30 for a client is great. if would be ideal, it would be less like a factory if you know what I mean. but I have to do it so well.

a Heat EQ is a little... haha.
it reminds me of these things you'd use to heat the milk for babies... you put the "baby bottle" (don't know the name" in a kind of hole that is made for it, and you select the heat, and it warms it.
the idea is pretty much the same here, it's just smaller LOL.

AC035.jpg

here it is... with the Competition Formula3000, but I use it with any liquid, really.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back