How easy is it to buy CND products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmit2

Reaction score
Hiya

I'm going to train with CND i think and on the website for the courses it says you need a "kit" of sorts. I would like to make sure I have the right stuff and wondered where to buy it...?

I'm based in Yorkshire...

I would really like to get a UV lamp asap as I already have all the Gelish stuff ready to try out on my own nails.

Thank you
Hayley

hiya :D good choice with CND but you cannot shop woth them till you have trained with them..... and even then, you can only purchase products from them that you are qualified in..... also for the CND products and shellac etc, it must be the CND lamp you use to cure them, other lamps will not work (clever one from CND there to ensure sale of their products, the photoinitiators in the products respons solely to the CND lamps). Also what course are you doing with them? as they provide full kits worth £150+ with the course......

hth

xxx

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I'm going to start and do the manicure, natural nails course, then i'll do the Signature with Brisa. I want to qualify in hands before feet and especially nail enhancements, but want to start with the basics and get the manicure under my belt first :)

On the site it says what i'll need for the course, ie model, dress code, products...do they expect me to turn up with a load of files and polishes from my "home kit"?

I'll be sure to get the CND lamp, i've seen the one. Was hoping to get it this week - lol, i guess not. Although there are a couple of them on Ebay.

Hi. I booked my manicure course with S2 last wednesday and the lady on the phone said I will receive a letter regarding times and what equipment and stuff I will need.
HTH
Leanne

Fab, thanks! I'll give them a call this week and get the low down :)

I'm looking forward to it!

No probs. :) They really are lovely people at S2.
Leanne

it must be the CND lamp you use to cure them, other lamps will not work (clever one from CND there to ensure sale of their products

xxx

Are you sure this is correct... I use Bio Sculpture and recently started using Shellac with no issues using my Bio lamp. Has anyone else experienced problems? I am sure this is more of a marketing effort than anything, but I could be wrong :Scared:

Are you sure this is correct... I use Bio Sculpture and recently started using Shellac with no issues using my Bio lamp. Has anyone else experienced problems? I am sure this is more of a marketing effort than anything, but I could be wrong :Scared:

there are many threads on this subject, it is not a marketing effort, only by using the correct lamp with the correct products can you ensure the client will not suffer product break down between appointments.
On the outside looking in, product will look good but it's what's going on on the inside that counts. If the product is not cured correctly all the way through, then you are not getting the best from you products or giving the best to your client.
I have no knowlege of the bio lamp, I don't know if it's out put is the same as the Shelac lamp or not. You could email S2 and ask them, they are the experts, but I have seen first hand that not every 36 watt lamp is the same it's not the watts, its the out put.
Hope that helps.
for the original question, all products can be bought at the sweet shop when you go for your course, the ones you need are usually provided, but I can never resist the sweet shop, take your credit card:twisted:

Okay.

You can buy the basic CND nail products such as manicure tools, polish, sundries such as solar oil, and Shellac, if you have a satisfactory manicure qualification and provide Sweetsquared or Ellisons with a copy of the certificate.

You can only buy l+p or brisa products once you have done the CND accredited training via S2.

As Susie has said, you need the right lamp for the products you are using, and to cure Shellac, you need the correct lamp from CND - either the Shellac or Brisa lamp. You might use another lamp with the product and think you get a satisfactory cure, but you may suffer product breakdown later and get an unsatisfactory result in general. Not good on a paying customer.

Latest posts

Back