How effective do you find leaflet dropping?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done 2 x 5000 leaflet drops, with little success but my leaflets have just been double sided A5 price lists.

I use a company and know my leaflets are getting delivered I have various friends all over the area and ever single one has received a leaflet. It only costs £20 per thousand and beats me walking around for hours.

Would you say January is a good time to do a leaflet drop?

I don't want to give a discount I want to give a a treatment away, maybe a free massage with every man/pedi/shellac/waxing over £15 chill out after the stress of Xmas. A massage has extremely low product cost but it's a real treat for most people.

I also have a vibro plate so maybe I could in operate that into the offer.

Maybe a comp for a months unlimited pass for the Vibro plate using a QR code which links them to my Facebook page or website which they then have to enter details and have a tick box to receive special offers and news via email.

Or both.

A special offer and a competition?

Absolute waste of time and money!

I am not saying leaflet drops do not work but on the whole there are to many drawbacks

The only way you know they get delivered is to get out and do it yourself or have trust in whoever does it

You can not see who you are delivering to, if you are targeting a certain demographic then how many leaflets are you wasting? If your target market is younger clients how do you know who lives at house XY or Z

Much better to work smarter and think about your target market, and then target them at a place where lots will be together, if you are targeting mums with children then leaflet local playgroups, nurseries etc,,, ask to speak to whoever runs the group and see if you can put up a leaflet , one leaflet here can have more impact than 100's posted through doors

Same for the younger market, night clubs, music gigs, fashion shows, etc,,,,

Leafleting via social media is easier, again choose to follow pages, groups , businesses etc with your target demographic client, then give them a mention and put an offer in the tweet,
" free conditioning treatment etc if they book for a style service and mention your tweet!
I am not saying piggyback someones Twitter without asking , DM them and see if there is something they need back in mentions on Twitter, follows etc,,, and while you sit at home in the warm with a glass of wine it will hit you!
You are working smarter ;)

S-specific
M- measurable
A-achievable
R-realistic
T- TARGETED

But you can't tag from a business page????

You can if you are friends with them on your personal profile. Failing that, ask clients if they would tag themselves

Latest posts

Back