How long does it take you????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Suzy

I too finished my VTCT in June and when i did my assessments was given 2 hours for a full set, also i have just looked through my yellow folder and there is nowhere with given timings unlike in my beauty therapy folder where the treatment times are clearly listed. When doing my assessments my tutor was flexible with the timings because by the time it comes round to you being assessed they already have a good idea of wether you are compitent or not so i dont see why they should be failing you if what you are producing is good work, seems a bit harsh to me, Good Luck with your next assessment:hug:

In the middle of me VCTC :D and if ya have read any of my posts before. ya will know time is an issue for me .. well or so I thought .. I was starting to panic at the 1 1/5 hour limit .. makes me freak just thinking about it .. bit of a perfectionist and I like to be happy with a set when I leave them even if that means I have taken a little longer over them(2 hours), all the time limit being too low is teaching people is to be sloppy (IMHO)..

I would be much happer with a longer time limit and a second test a little time later to show ya have practiced and re practiced and have achived a better standard of nail.

Anyway after reading the posts I am stressing again .. assesments looming and all ..

Wish me luck :p ..

keep practising and don't stress

good luck

Qwinn said:
In the middle of me VCTC :D and if ya have read any of my posts before. ya will know time is an issue for me .. well or so I thought .. I was starting to panic at the 1 1/5 hour limit .. makes me freak just thinking about it .. bit of a perfectionist and I like to be happy with a set when I leave them even if that means I have taken a little longer over them(2 hours), all the time limit being too low is teaching people is to be sloppy (IMHO)..

I would be much happer with a longer time limit and a second test a little time later to show ya have practiced and re practiced and have achived a better standard of nail.

Anyway after reading the posts I am stressing again .. assesments looming and all ..

Wish me luck :p ..

Hello Peeps!

I'm pleased to say that I have finally passed my L&P assessment!! I had to do it again last week, and I was really stressing, and I found out on Monday that I was competant! Many thanks to Little Angel for your help - it worked!! I must say though, I really wasn't happy with the set that I did (1 hour 15 mins so you can imagine what they looked like - I was going at it like a nutcase)!!!! but I'm staring to believe that VTCT don't care what it looks like, as long as you do it within the time limit. Tonight is my last lesson, and I have to do infills, but I'm not stressed anymore.

Thank you all for your encouragement - it really did help!

Sue

well done ! you must be very relieved. i have to say that 1 1/2 hours is a ridiculously short time for a beginer to do a good set. it seems stupid to pass a student who can do 10 grotty nails over one who can do say7 great ones. :rolleyes:
well done for passing, now you have your certificate you can take your own sweet time and concentrate on what matters the most to you. :cool:

Latest posts

Back