How long does it take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensionista

Reaction score
Those that do extensions how long does it take you to do a full set? Say 200 bonds or 150 bonds including blending and styling?

Also removal for rings or for glue?

Lastly a removal and a full refit?

Just want to gauge how my timing is.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those that do extensions how long does it take you to do a full set? Say 200 bonds or 150 bonds including blending and styling?

Also removal for rings or for glue?

Lastly a removal and a full refit?

Just want to gauge how my timing is.

Thanks

Takes me around 2.5-3 hours to apply cut and finish

Removal on micro rings (I don't do bonded) around 1 hour

Removal and refit around 3-3.5 hours

x

It depends on method, I'm quickest at micro rings, then bonded and slowest at nanos (as they're so darn fiddley!).
On average about 2-2.5hrs for 150 and 3-3.5hrs for 200 (I get slower as I get more tired!) plus an extra 30mins cutting and styling. It normally averages at around 1 Bond per minute.
Removal is pot luck and totally depends on how they have cared for them, if there is any matting and method used. Quickest is 45 min (micros) up to around 4 hours for some prebonded ones a different extensionist had fitted😳If doing removal and refit on same day add an extra 30mins to wash and dry their natural hair between. I'm interested to know this too as I work on my own and have no-one to compare to.

Good topic ! I've been doing extensions full time for a year and a half now but got told on training it should take two hours lol I book in two clients a day. 10-2 and 2-6pm , I am qualified in bonds and rings but haven't done a set of bonds in months !

For 200 micro rings it can take me between 3-4 hours depending on how short and fiddly the hair is. 150-180 ish I tend to be done in 3-3.5 including cut and styling.

Removal an hour or less

And for a refit I tend to remove and re fit After a few days or the following week as my clients like to get the natural hair trimmed in between or a full head colour instead of just the tsection :)

Full head rings including cut and style (they usually want it curled or waved) takes me 4.5 hours for 200 bonds

I tend to always use 200 either 1g or 0.8 depending on thickness of hair.

I've been doing them since Feb xx

P.s I'm hoping to get quicker I saw an extensionist fitting 200 in 3.5 hours including cut and style

Yes definitely a good thread and I too get slower as I get tired , I've been doing extensions Bonded for about 8 years now and microlinks for about 5 . Mainly all microlinks now and have definitely got so much faster .
Nanos I tried several times and far too fiddle and frustrating and didn't find hair quality I liked to stopped those .
New clients take that bit longer as getting used to shape of their head , hairline , how high and how far forward I can go but in general for a full head fitting which is about 160 links for me I'd say 2hours and then cutting time really depends on how blended and styled they want it . And removal with no matting is about 30 mins with a comb through.
I've had clients with terrible matting and I've been 2 and a half hours removing that before . I told them I would charge for matting removal per hour now so they have got better xx

I apply 5o prebonded bonds in an hour. If the bonds are being split and mixed with another colour then I take longer. I add on 30 mins for cutting and finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm fairly new to fitting extensions and it takes me around 3 hours to fit 100 strands with a cut and style and around 4.5 for a refit.

I must be very slow but I mainly fit Nanos and it takes 5 hours fitting and cut :/

Provably fit about 175-200 bonds x

I've not done a removal and refit in one day with out a colour or foils inbetween. Usually takes about 1 hour to remove.

Latest posts

Back