How long does YOU L&P Brush last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
How long does YOUR L&P Brush last?

I just bought my 3rd. I'm starting my 3rd year on L&P.
I 'think' I'm doing good?
My first, I know where I goofed in it's care. The 2nd... thought I got the hang of it, but it's point is so-so now....

So, how often do you buy a brush?

And what do you pay for your brush?

My usual Ez Flow brush is 35$ but recently 'almost' bought locally to replace it, and they wanted $100 for a CND brush.
$100.00???:eek:

6 months tops, they don't call me Trinity The Brush Slayer for nothing you know! :irked:

Where's my side kick from down under???? :lol:

Not quite sure what I do, I rinse after each client in clean monomer, I store it upright in a special brush storage pot, but somehow I either end up leaving product in it or twisting the hairs so it lays wrong and I can't get sharp smile lines, etc.

Hi, I store mine on its side, as this is what I was taught and I only use monemar to clean it with. However when I first started out, I wrecked a load of them, getting l and p stuck in it and I think general ruffness. I would say now its about once a year I replace. I use ezflow 508. And its fab. I replaced my old one about 6 months ago becuase the hairs were seperating and it lost its spring. I could not believe the difference when I got a new one, should have replaced it sooner. I always make sure I store it moist aswell so as to not let the hairs dry out. I think I am a heavy handed person and am not that gentle when i put it into the monemar etc.
I love my brush! I almost feel attatched to it, its bye far the most important and personal part of the kit to me! x:hug:

About a year for me as well. I think that's pretty normal for people who take good care of their brushes.But it used to be every few months in the beginning! lol

I clean mine in Monomer and store it upside down or laying on its side, usually replace it every 9/12 months. I use the NSI No 8 Precision, I love it.

ahh ok, so I'm not doing bad then, at one brush per year :green:

COOL!:hug:

6 months tops, they don't call me Trinity The Brush Slayer for nothing you know! :irked:

Where's my side kick from down under???? :lol:

Here

Not quite sure what I do, I rinse after each client in clean monomer, I store it upright in a special brush storage pot, but somehow I either end up leaving product in it or twisting the hairs so it lays wrong and I can't get sharp smile lines, etc.

Ah, yeah. :o Just set a record I think, 4 uses and I've managed to get a wee bit o product in the tip. New product so working out the ratio still. Got her soaking now as I type.
Silly thing is I have 3 other brushes that are about 3/4 odd yrs old (one is a CND Master series (that I have 3 extra heads for)) and they are all still in perfect (used) condition.

I had an enitiy brush I loved it was about £65 though! I had it just over 2 years & could still use it in an emergency if needs be! gone back to cnd brush which used to use not loving it as much  but had few before n last me about 6 months! must say I can tell the difference in the hair used event though ment to be the same! but the cnd brush is a lot better than alot I have used a very lot!

tasha

Gosh, I didn't realise we'd ever need new brushes unless they got lumps of acrylic on.. I was never told this in college and have always plodded along with the one I have.

I got it about 15 months ago whilst training, think I definitely need to invest in a new one, the precision point of it went a long time ago :o

Latest posts

Back