How long have you been in the industry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
How many years?

I began training in 2007 till 2010 so if u count from 2007 8 years but fully qualified 5 years[emoji3]I can't believe how quickly that time has sped I've just realised! Xxx

I began college 11 years ago, so i've been qualified for 9 years...Wow i feel old! x

7 years this year. Its gone by so quickly! Through all the ups and downs, I absolutely love being an aesthetician and wouldn't change it.

I started training 12 years ago, I absolutely love my job, 99% of the time it doesn't feel like work

I started collage in 1990 so 25 years now. For the most part I still love my job, like everyone else I have the odd day where I don't.

Began training 16 years ago xx

It's my businesses 19th Birthday today! [emoji3]

I qualified in 1998, and started work in a salon the same year, so I've been working in the industry for 17 years now! It's 20 years if you count the three years of full time hours I spent at college for my qualifications!

Last edited:
Started training 6 years ago. Qualified 4 years.

I'm a 'Golden oldie' ......36 year's.......and for the most part, I still enjoy it! :D

I'm another oldie! 28 years from when I began my apprenticeship! Hairdressing has been good to me, had lots of good opportunities, met some great friends and on the whole have always been happy in my work. Still regularly in touch with people I worked with as an apprentice! Feels like I have come full circle now as after a good 10 years working full time in salon, I went part time so I could go back to college and do my cert.ed & assessor awards, then I combined working in salon part time with teaching hairdressing in college, then worked part time in college after I had my son and while he was at primary school and 2 years ago took the plunge and opened up my own salon where I am now back working 6 days a week!

Happy business birthday

13 years now and still love it [emoji3]

I started training 12 years ago, I absolutely love my job, 99% of the time it doesn't feel like work

This is exactly me too.

5 years now - it still excites me like its my first day!! Xx

I have been officially self-employed since 2001 but qualified in 1998

Latest posts

Back