how long is a trade test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woah! thank you very much for this! I thought it was dodgy but didn't know it was illegal! I find this so so so frustrating because what I guess we have here in the industry (in small parts I hope) are people who don't know what they're doing and need a little help or people who know exactly what they're doing and think they can get away with it. Terrible :(

It's been messing with my head in the last few days because it would have been such an easy way for me to get my foot in the door and dispite the way the owner was doing things, I think the company would have looked good on my cv....it's really upmarket in quite a posh part of manchester and they even do botox!!! omg if that's how he recruits people to carry botox out then i'm bricking it!

I think I've done the right thing by withdrawing my interest though. he did say that he had another potential employee messing him about but i'm not suprised at all to be honest.

the fact that people are breaking this law in this industry, especially when they look very reputable upon first impression (good website, upmarket treatments with high end products etc) is very perplexing. legal mindfield!!

On the plus side, at least i am armed with the right information now so if I were to find myself in this situation again then at least if i really wanted the job i could pull them up on what they were doing and see how they dealt with it then.

tis a bit of a shame because i felt like i did some lovely treatments on the day but all the same...

I think you have had a lucky escape hun. Don't let it dent your confidence though as there are plenty of salons/spas etc that are doing things the way they should be.

I think our instincts are usually right! I have also learnt that looks can be deceiving.

Good luck in your search for a job honey, I'm sure you will find something that suits you soon.
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back