How long to leave hot towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,
I have always used steaming as part of my facial procedure but I have recently added pamper parties to my new leaflets and a group of ladies want facials. My steamer is not suitable for mobile use so I thought of using hot towels instead.

However, I am not sure how long to leave them on (not really used them before) is it the same time scale as steam (which depends on skin type)

All help much appreciated x

From my experence the time frame doesnt really matter but sometimes the temp. maatters. If someone has sensatized skin then just make the towels not so hot. I keep towels on until they are almost all the way cool and take my products off with them. The face can handle more heat than the hands it could be burning your hands but feel wonderful to the client. Everyone is also always different.

Sorry, to answer your question no the time shouldnt matter

I just leave them until they start to lose their heat.

Fill a metal bowl with hot water, submerge the towels, remove & ring out as needed.
Hold them by the very corners, swing the towel back and forth a little to release ALOT of heat.
Temp test on the side of the clients face & continue if all is comfortable.
Remove when cooled.

Or have them pre moistened & folded ready to go into the clients microwave.
Use the same technique [hold - swing - test - apply]

I use hand towels [ & or ] large facial sponges to remove product from the face.
Hand towels for body treatments.

HtH

XX J XX​

Latest posts

Back