How long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hi
I really wanted to just test this thread to see if my new signature has worked.
But just thought I'd ask also, how long does it take to become 'good' at nails.
I'm sure I'm like lots of others in as much as I can't seem to perfect the smile line. When I look at some pictures posted on here and in books, they always look so lovely whereas my smile lines end up too straight and not curved much at all. Is it really just practice?

Hi Donzie

Like you I wonder how long will it take to be 'good' at nails.

I've read the tutorials but find that because I'm trying sooooooooooo hard I still manage to make uneven smile lines, and have to do lots of filing inorder to make the nails look half decent.

I'm hoping that one day soon everything I have learnt will just fall into place not just in therory but also in practice.

I guess there is no short cuts we just have to learn our trade and practice practice practice.

Good Luck

Oh good I'm so glad you feel like me. I mean in the end they all look lovely but then when they've gone I think 'I wonder how long they'll last without any problems!! I like you try so hard to get the smile line right but when it comes to the 'nudge up at the corners' I haven't got a clue and just ruin what's on the nail and end up with a funny shaped blob at the point of the smile line.

Latest posts

Back