How low can they go? Is this the lowest price yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seem's some now train in nail/hair/beauty, as a side line or hobby.
They run it along side their current job, or as something they enjoy doing as a pastime.
Now, before those who identify as the above, lynch me, the point I wish to make is, for those working in the industry full time, as our sole profession, we NEED to charge a realistic rate, that gives us a PROFIT.
Some one with another income, does not have the same pressure to price accordingly, so have the freedom to come in at a lower price point.
Client's just see one nail tech/hairdresser, charging more than another, and assume it is based on greed!:(

I had a client come to me for gel polish. I charged her £15.00 my usual price.
She's now advertising she does a luxury mani with gel polish for £10.00 and she drives to them for free!
Thats like £40 with me!
Makes me mad! X

I charge 30 for a full set. I take about an hour, maybe an extra 15-20 mins if they're having a bit of nail art. Im always thinking god i wish i could charge more because I think of what i COULD have made in that hour. I can do a gel polish in 20 mins and charge €18. So I could do 3 gel polishes in the time it takes me to do 1 set of gel extensions and make more money. There's no way I could charge less than €30! How the hell do people manage to charge €10/€15 for that hours work.

I've just seen an advert also for someone doing a full set for £6! The pictures weren't pretty but there was a lot of interest :-/

I have people charging £10 even £5 a set !!! Good luck to them. I try not to let it get to me as from looking at their pictures, there shocking!
Perhaps theyre charging such low prices for their "shocking " nails so that way they get more practice so they can better their skills and they are just charging enough to cover their materials. No need to be nasty, we all started out doing "shocking" nails

Latest posts

Back