How many grams of hair for full head weave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ickledee

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting a sew in weft but I like beautyworks hair and would prefer to have it installed rather than the hair my extensionist uses.

I am getting a full head in tracks leaving out only the top section and hairline.

I can purchase two packs of celeb choice which would give me 240 grams or I would purchase 2 packs of the gold wefts which would give me 300g. In terms of cost the difference is £100. The length is 18inch

I want to ensure my extensions look full and natural as my own hair is really thick.

Can I ask your opinion please? Thanks

Last edited:
240 is more than enough for what you need. A full head is considered around 125 so it's practically double what you'd need I'd say. When I do micro sew ins I find 125 is plenty, using 140 for extra thickness x

Wefts you won't need as much grams. Strands you need a little more gram. 125g wefts and 150g of strands is average but can change depending on head size !

Tbh it depends on the width of the weft. As if the hair is thick or double drawn and if the the hair is long the hair wil weigh heavier so you don't get a long weft. the wefts go on weight longer and thicker hair weigh more so you get at shorter width. A 12 inch weft will have a longer width weft compared a 18 inch weft you still get the same weight but 12 inch strands weigh less than 18 inch strands of hair so you get More. therefore the 18 inch weft will only give you a couple of rows. If your having a full weave where they plait your hair to your head. You need more hair than micro ring weft cause with a corn row weave all your own hair is plaited out the way so you have non of your own hair to help thicken your hair all you'll have is the hair weft where micro ring weave your own hair still loose and mixes in with the hair weft to help thicken. I had a situation the other day I had a client in for micro ring weave and she had her own hair she got from studio 58 and when she came she brought just one weft and when I saw it wasn't long enough we weighed the hair and it was 105grams but only 31 inches in width the weft was thick at the ends so it compensated on the width of weft. so I had to sell her another pack of hair to get a thick look. So even though the weight might be good check the length of he width to make sure it will be enough.

Thankyou :) there's no way 125g would be enough for me, I almost use 2 full packs to make a set of clip ins. Big hair!

Latest posts

Back