How many hours do you spend doing nails in a week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many hours do you work on nails in a week?

• Under 10 hours

Votes: 168 37.8%
  • 10-20 hours

Votes: 111 24.9%
  • 20-30 hours

Votes: 62 13.9%
  • 30-40 hours

Votes: 49 11.0%
  • over 40 hours!

Votes: 55 12.4%

• Total voters
i chose under 10 hours

i have a job and i study so my i tend to have to fit in clients at the weekend

i do feel quite tired most if the time but i am loving it

i work at least 40 hours a week and this would be about 40 clients also

I ticked the 20-30 box, as I am still leaning different systems and still doing different course, training etc. About quarter of that time is me doing nails for frinds and family then the rest is practising! I love perfecting my technique. And I firmly believe that you cannot do a course and be spot on from then on, you have to practice, practice, cos practice makes perfect!!

And I love trying different things.

When I get the salon open, it will change to 40+ as I will be in there all day every day, children permitting!

I ticked the 10-20 box. I'm working full time elsewhere and am a nail student part-time.

I don't have clients at the moment. I have willing victims!

Sorry but I don`t agree with you. I`m p/t and I`m fortunate to be in a postition where I can afford to be p/t. Its not a hobby, I take it very seriously and my clients are aware of the fact that I only work on certain days. They are happy with this and I have never lost a client yet because they needed a repair and I couldn`t accomodate them.

My GP is a professional and only works on certain days - if i want to see him - I`ll wait for an appointment to see him. If its an emergency - yes I`ll see another GP - but I`ll always go back to my own GP given the choice. I think if you have a loyal client base - then they`ll wait.

What I`m trying to get across is that IMO being P/t (for whatever reason) doesn`t make you any less dedicated or professional and we shouldn`t feel inadeqate for being happy working P/T.

I second every word here. Nothing to add. Spot on. IMO.

When I had my own salon I worked 40-60 hours a week doing nails!.. Now, it's around 10 hours a week, after my normal dayjob..
I just can't live without it....

Latest posts

Back