How much do nail techs charge for nail art??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbarbigirlx

Reaction score
Hi hi,

Just wanting some nail techs that work from home oppinions on how much you would charge a client for nail art and if you charged per nail or for a full set? (For example if you were airbrushing a full set...How much? or adding some diamantes per nail...How much?). Whats the best way to charge? I;m putting the prices on my cards and I don't want to confuse ppl with a whole lot of number LOL because I'm doing waxing aswell.

xoxox.

My charges are from £15 up which is for a full set, polish & nail art which works out at about £1.50 per nail depending on if they want extras or not.

Oh ok...how long have you been a nail tech for?

Because im just starting out I was thinking $10 (aus dollar) for a set like airbrushed tips or a few designs using stencils.

What about if they just wanted a diamante on each little finger? Do you charge the same 1.50 (euro dollar)?

I use to go to a nail salon and she charged me $5 (aus dollar) for 2 nails with a few diamantes.

xoxox.

as long as you feel it is reasonable and it covers the cost of your time and products then it will be right if you find you sell more nail art by having it cheaper then thats the way to go but if you can make more on it and still get as many people to have it done go that way, trial and error really.

Oh ok...how long have you been a nail tech for?

Because im just starting out I was thinking $10 (aus dollar) for a set like airbrushed tips or a few designs using stencils.

What about if they just wanted a diamante on each little finger? Do you charge the same 1.50 (euro dollar)?

I use to go to a nail salon and she charged me $5 (aus dollar) for 2 nails with a few diamantes.

xoxox.

Hi!

I have my own salon in which I run from home and I charge for airbrushing according to how many colours they want, and how much time and detail goes into the design.

Eg $15 au for f/set 2 colour design. Mainly a background colour and a coloured simple stencil pattern/design.

I normally charge $12 for french airbrush designs or for one colour stencil pattern/design.

Everyone charges differently for rhinestones....I charge for smaller ones 50c each and for the larger ones I can charge up to $2 each!

That may sound like a rip off to some people, but my clients are more than happy to pay for them!

Thats what i was meaning if a client is happy to pay, well charge it , as you have to make your money where you can

I charge from a £1.00 - per nail.!!

Thanks heaps guys :D I'll take all into account and fix up my business cards now. Probably better for me to start out cheap and see how I go. How much do you charge for a normal set acrylics and for refills azaka?

xoxox.

I charge from a £1.00 - per nail.!!

Thats what I was thinking at first, I'll put $10 airbrushed tips and 50c for rhinestones. Then when I advance and practice I can do full pictures maybe of nail art.

xoxox.

Thats what I was thinking at first, I'll put $10 airbrushed tips and 50c for rhinestones. Then when I advance and practice I can do full pictures maybe of nail art.

xoxox.

Hi!

I charge for a acrylic f/set $40 and for a acrylic f/set with white and pink powder $45. I charge for a gel f/set $50 and for white and pink gel $55.
(I charge more for gel as it costs me more!)

For a straight acrylic infill I charge $28 and for a permanent french infill I charge $35...a straight gel infill I charge $30 and for permnanent french infill $35.

I have based my prices around my competition...you should check out your competition or your local nail bars/salons and base your prices with something that you are comfortable working with.

Some of my prices are cheap, but I make up for it in nail art!

Always have your nails looking fab, coz most of the time your clients will see your nails and want you to do the same to theirs!

They're looki.g pretty okies atm but need a bit of a buff lol!! Ppl always comment on my nail polish and nails and mums nails, so I guess It's a good sign and thats why I thought of the business from home idea and got me going!!. Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. You think $20 is to low for starting, Just for white/natural tip and acryl? A few places near me were doing $30-$35...You know those asian places! So you think gel should be more? hmm...mayb it should!!

xoxox.

They're looki.g pretty okies atm but need a bit of a buff lol!! Ppl always comment on my nail polish and nails and mums nails, so I guess It's a good sign and thats why I thought of the business from home idea and got me going!!. Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. You think $20 is to low for starting, Just for white/natural tip and acryl? A few places near me were doing $30-$35...You know those asian places! So you think gel should be more? hmm...mayb it should!!

xoxox.

Hey!

Thats definantly a good sign if people are commenting on your nails! When you get your cards done up, always have them on you to hand out! Give some to your mum so she can give them to her friends too!

Its up to you what you charge...You have to work out how much your product is going to cost you all up...you have to atleast get your money back for what you have spent on your product after afew f/sets?!

Well thats how I see it...but if your happy with charging $20 for now until you are more confident, then $20 sounds reasonable.

I use IBD gel so it can get expensive compared to some of the other brands, so I charge more!

I love IBD gel though...so do my clients...They are more than happy to pay $50 for a F/set! In some salons around where I live they were charging $80-$90 for a gel f/set!!! So I think I have set my gel prices reasonably well! :)

OMG REALLY? When I heard Edward Beal was Charging $70 for a set I thought that was a rip...But $90 WOWEE!!

I have given some to my boyfriend, mum and have some in the car but i'll replace them with the new prices.
I'm just using PHD for gel and Ezflow for acryl just because I got it cheap lol. Do you have any pictures of your nails at all on here?

xoxox.

OMG REALLY? When I heard Edward Beal was Charging $70 for a set I thought that was a rip...But $90 WOWEE!!

I have given some to my boyfriend, mum and have some in the car but i'll replace them with the new prices.
I'm just using PHD for gel and Ezflow for acryl just because I got it cheap lol. Do you have any pictures of your nails at all on here?

xoxox.

Hey!

Im only new to salon geek so I havent put many pics up yet! I have a couple of my nail pics in an album on my profile you could have a look at...My nail pics are pretty plain compared to some of the other nail techs pics on here!!

I will have to start taking pics of my 3D nail art work to put in my photo gallery!!

Yeah you should do that, I'll have a peek for sure. How do I view you album? Sorry :o

xoxox.

Hey!

My album is on my profile page...if you visit my page it should be there for you to click on.

Hi hi

Sorry again, but I can't see it on your page.

xoxox.

Hey!

My album is on my profile page...if you visit my page it should be there for you to click on.
Your album must be set to private because I can't see it either. If you hae it set to private only your friends can see it.

Latest posts

Back