How much do you pay for a room in a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahc

Reaction score
following on from my other post where im thinking using cpl rooms in my empty flat to do treatments, just wondered what the average rental is for a room in a salon say size of an average living room + rates or council tax etc .. have been looking locally and been quoted up to £200 all inclusive, hence me thinking using my flat when move in with my partner .. just need to clear it with mortgage people and council
just wondered perhaps if looked out of the area might be little cheaper, what tends to be the average .. £800 a month would be £200 more than my actual mortgage !!

I pay £40 pw but that is cheap. The area your in and how busy the salon is makes a big difference. This salon was quite new when I started so still building.

It really depends on the area you are in. Obviously London will be much more than her in Manchester. However I have seen whole shops for rent cheaper in London than here in my area!! Seems people here just think of a number and stick it on the price list.

I pay 85 a week and it is all in. No additional amounts for elec, water etc. Use the kitchen facilities etc, phone in salon, parking plus quite a bit more all in.

It a lovely big room too. Have my desk, and still plenty room to put up my spray tan tent and still space for when I get a bed for waxing. Just decorated it too so pics will follow shortly on the other thread.

It all depends on where you are in the country, and the location of your salon. Being in London you would expect to pay more than average, but also take into consideration whether the salon is in a prime spot on a busy high street, or tucked away down a side street or in a rural location.

Personally I get a bit of a bargain, I pay £50 a week all utility bills included, and even though local prices are cheaper than average I still get a good deal because I'm in an established salon right in the centre of a busy high street.

thanks for the replies, wow cant believe difference in rent .. £50 :0 all in, could pay the rent with just one set lashes
admitedly the £200 was in quite a plush salon in desirable area, will have look around before make any decisions
thanks again x

I pay £100 for a 5 day week.

Hi Girls! Is anybody tell me please who is responsible to pay for leaflet and price list in the salon if i am renting the room their .Thanks

If you are self employed I would strongly advise that you do your own.

I have split costs with the salon owner and really regret it. I pay 70% as I offer more treatments and use up more pages in our brouchure but I regreat it because I am basically paying for her advertising.

I know it brings me clients in but if IM too move its paid for a lot for a salon that isnt mine.

Its for you and the owner to decide, there is no set rule on who pays what.

Do your own!!!

Latest posts

Back