How much for regrowth? Mobile hairdressing rates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this I've put my colour prices up 15%, more on the top section. So I'm just a tiny bit cheaper than our local salons now. This site gave me the confidence to do it cos i was selling myself short, i am a good at what i do and i use top products and have now moved over to wella from L'oreal.
Its hard when people aren't used to paying alot, much easier with new clients! Im the same super busy so hopefully will see a difference this month!
Love working for myself do u? X

I love it :) I can work round the kids & I also love having no time restraints so I can go the extra "mile" with my clients and as a result they are all friends now which is really nice. I like having a website as all my prices are clearly listed so there is no price issues :) saying that my prices have been the same for years! Will probably need to do a slight increase in the Nxt 6-8 months........ For now they will stay the same with the odd special offer at quieter times since I'm fully self employed now :)
Good luck, you'll do great ! (I just moved from loreal to affinage its ace, worth a look if you join the federation of freelance hair and beauty you get a discount with affinage and wella accounts :)) Also lots of help insurance etc through them. X

!!! Some people eh. I swear alot of clients don't think ppl in our industry have lives outside of work! X

Lol I'm away to have 2 weeks off, feeling guilty already! X

I love it :) I can work round the kids & I also love having no time restraints so I can go the extra "mile" with my clients and as a result they are all friends now which is really nice. I like having a website as all my prices are clearly listed so there is no price issues :) saying that my prices have been the same for years! Will probably need to do a slight increase in the Nxt 6-8 months........ For now they will stay the same with the odd special offer at quieter times since I'm fully self employed now :)
Good luck, you'll do great ! (I just moved from loreal to affinage its ace, worth a look if you join the federation of freelance hair and beauty you get a discount with affinage and wella accounts :)) Also lots of help insurance etc through them. X

Ohh that sounds good ill definitely look into that!! Id never heard of affinage till i came on here!
And a website sounds like a good idea too.. just in the process of getting new price lists made. my biggest mistake was not charging more for longer hair was doing colours for pittance when i sat and worked it out!
I feel like all my clients are my friends its great, alot of the time it doesn't feel like work just catching up with friends.
Only difference is i get paid and have a bad back lol!

Lol I'm away to have 2 weeks off, feeling guilty already! X

Its awful isn't it! Im doing stupid hours this week as I'm going away tuesday. 9 full days off :) felt bad when i couldn't get people in so ill need a holiday by tues haha. Enjoy your time off! X

Its awful isn't it! Im doing stupid hours this week as I'm going away tuesday. 9 full days off :) felt bad when i couldn't get people in so ill need a holiday by tues haha. Enjoy your time off! X

Lol will do you as well!
My other half set up a free wix site, it's good and I bought a web domaine was only £17 for 2 years (looks better than the free wix address)
If you register with google places (free) your site shows up much better on searches
Takes a while but is well worth it my site is Hair at Home by Sheryl Paul, aberdeen hairdresser,
Pretty good (for amateur) for free :) x

Lol will do you as well!
My other half set up a free wix site, it's good and I bought a web domaine was only £17 for 2 years (looks better than the free wix address)
If you register with google places (free) your site shows up much better on searches
Takes a while but is well worth it my site is Hair at Home by Sheryl Paul, aberdeen hairdresser,
Pretty good (for amateur) for free :) x

Thats fab!! Set out really clearly and looks professional! Thankyou ;) x

Yep you would save a fortune in a salon, if you google phd hair supply's they have sole distribution in the uk, they have a good offer on just now as your getting a free retail one with your proff one.
I cover the hair with a plastic disposable cap first to keep it clean, it's adjustable so is fine to use with meches and full head colours etc even cond treatments. I heard about them through the freelance federation
My colours have been better since using it :)
X

oh i have one of those i mean they dont look the same but they are the same

once i used it on a client that i done highlights and it did bleed to the hair :( i used high lift tint grrrr

now i only use it for treatments which is really good but i guess i could use it for roots colour but not highlights as it did really bleed :(

oh i have one of those i mean they dont look the same but they are the same

once i used it on a client that i done highlights and it did bleed to the hair :( i used high lift tint grrrr

now i only use it for treatments which is really good but i guess i could use it for roots colour but not highlights as it did really bleed :(

Maybe I've just been lucky, the caps quite big so adjusts at the sides and also has a velcro strap at the back to tighten,and I use meche rather than foils maybe they hold better? I've only had it about a month (ill be extra vigilant now with highlights lol)

Maybe I've just been lucky, the caps quite big so adjusts at the sides and also has a velcro strap at the back to tighten,and I use meche rather than foils maybe they hold better? I've only had it about a month (ill be extra vigilant now with highlights lol)

Yeah then maybe meche is ok as foils I think it get hot and then bleed lol
X

Latest posts

Back