How much for regrowth? Mobile hairdressing rates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm working in a salon we charge 25 for regrow
42 for half head foils
50 for full head foils
32 for full head colouring
But any colouring service
Must be booked with a finish which is 15 so 15 on top of everything

I don't like this I think it should be a price and include it lol

It doesn't I just said it lol it doesn't take long tho and some English people have such fine hair it doesn't take much and I'm not big head but my blowdry is one of the best... When I was working in Toni guy as work experience they even let me blowdry some clients hair as they know how my blowdry is I haven't used a flat iron in months and months only to do curls coz all my clients love how I blowdry.

You only blowdry curly? :0/ so every client leaves looking the same

So u do the top highlights+ cut and blowdry for 10 months? Noway???

10months!? Think u mean pounds and no.. EXcluding cut and blow hun x

You only blowdry curly? :0/ so every client leaves looking the same

Pretty much the same.. Yeah they love it.. Very rare one ask for straight hair.. Unless they have Afro hair and. Already curls hair then it's deff straight hair...

10months!? Think u mean pounds and no.. EXcluding cut and blow hun x

Lol pounds haha

Coz u say on top there include cut and blowdry ;) so I thought hang on hehe xx

I charge £18 for a regrowth tint which includes a rough dry and I usually blowdry the top sections and fringe if they have one. I never rough dry and flat iron I hate it! Usually ends up flat! A blowdry is exactly that - a blowdry!

Lol pounds haha

Coz u say on top there include cut and blowdry ;) so I thought hang on hehe xx

Noooo lol EXclude means the opposite (not including) xx

Noooo lol EXclude means the opposite (not including) xx

Wow I charge £50 for root application (including cut and finish) if the client doesn't want a cut I knock off £10,. Full head highlights £75 and half head £65
Cut and finish £26, kebelo or keratin from £99

My prices are half of what I charged when I worked in saks, my clients are happy with my prices (some think I should charge more)

I think with the cost of premium colour, meches and products nowadays on top of years of training should be reflected in your pricing. If your good and have good customer service people will pay. Saying that I never double book when my clients come to my house they get all my time and I do spend time making them feel special. I work from home and charge extra when going to the clients own home. I'm booked up until mid April :)
I would rather do less clients at a price I'm happy with rather than be out the door doing cheap hairdos (and having to use cheap products)

Wow I charge £50 for root application (including cut and finish) if the client doesn't want a cut I knock off £10,. Full head highlights £75 and half head £65

My prices are half of what I charged when I worked in saks, my clients are happy with my prices (some think I should charge more)

I think with the cost of premium colour, meches and products nowadays on top of years of training should be reflected in your pricing. If your good and have good customer service people will pay. Saying that I never double book when my clients come to my house they get all my time and I do spend time making them feel special. I work from home and charge extra when going to the clients own home. I'm booked up until mid April :)
I would rather do less clients at a price I'm happy with rather than be out the door doing cheap hairdos (and having to use cheap products)

One day i will charge like ya lol

One day i will charge like ya lol

My prices are probably on a par with yours I just don't give the option of no finish lol
I just can't not properly finish the hair, just how I've been trained I suppose. I like to see the finished end result :)

My prices are probably on a par with yours I just don't give the option of no finish lol
I just can't not properly finish the hair, just how I've been trained I suppose. I like to see the finished end result :)

Me too I like to see the finish result some people just ask for wet cut but I like to see the end result so if they are new clients I blowdry for free xD I think it also is good to give a treat to new clients ;)

Oh and I bought a fantastic self heating thermal cap called the proffesional hairspa, I got mine from phd hair supply's. cost £55 and halfs colour and highlight development time. Just like using a climazone but without the electrics and bulk!
For mobile weighs next to nothing and rather than 45-60 development time mine is cut to 25mins - 35mins (the 35 is for highlift)
I now use affinage infinity colours so other brands timing would be different

It's the best thing I've bought since starting up on my own!

It is a strange looking cap lol but it works!

Oh and I bought a fantastic self heating thermal cap called the proffesional hairspa, I got mine from phd hair supply's. cost £55 and halfs colour and highlight development time. Just like using a climazone but without the electrics and bulk!
For mobile weighs next to nothing and rather than 45-60 development time mine is cut to 25mins - 35mins (the 35 is for highlift)
I now use affinage infinity colours so other brands timing would be different

It's the best thing I've bought since starting up on my own!

It is a strange looking cap lol but it works!

Very interesting
Could I buy this to use in the saloon?
And can I only use this with foils or also with full head colour regrow etc?

I will look for it ;)))

JuZz' Flat irons are the aid to make it last that bit longer. A lady I worked for before starting training said your not a hairdresser until you can blowdry a style without using tongs or irons said:
Exactly how I was taught...never was allowed to use straighteners or tongs , and still never use them now!! The perfect blowdry is imperative to finish a service!

Very interesting
Could I buy this to use in the saloon?
And can I only use this with foils or also with full head colour regrow etc?

I will look for it ;)))

Yep you would save a fortune in a salon, if you google phd hair supply's they have sole distribution in the uk, they have a good offer on just now as your getting a free retail one with your proff one.
I cover the hair with a plastic disposable cap first to keep it clean, it's adjustable so is fine to use with meches and full head colours etc even cond treatments. I heard about them through the freelance federation
My colours have been better since using it :)
X

Since this I've put my colour prices up 15%, more on the top section. So I'm just a tiny bit cheaper than our local salons now. This site gave me the confidence to do it cos i was selling myself short, i am a good at what i do and i use top products and have now moved over to wella from L'oreal.
Its hard when people aren't used to paying alot, much easier with new clients! Im the same super busy so hopefully will see a difference this month!
Love working for myself do u? X

Well my prices have just gone up and no one complained! Roots with cut & finish is now £48 :0) feels great!

Well my prices have just gone up and no one complained! Roots with cut & finish is now £48 :0) feels great!

Aw thats good!
I was SO worried. Nobody's complained yet.. To my face anyway haha.

Aw thats good!
I was SO worried. Nobody's complained yet.. To my face anyway haha.

Oh well I found out someone been complaining behind my back that I had a week off in jan!

Oh well I found out someone been complaining behind my back that I had a week off in jan!

!!! Some people eh. I swear alot of clients don't think ppl in our industry have lives outside of work! X

Latest posts

Back