How much of a profit do you class as a good week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8889jenny

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :lol:

I was just reading some of the old posts on here about some geeks who are doing badly and are not making much of a profit and it made me think (as I am starting my own business soon) that what may seem like a bad week for one person, could be a fantastic week for another! If you get what I mean. Like for instance if I picked up lets say £150 profit in a week I'd be over the moon :lol: but to some people that would be classed as a bad week :eek: LOL

I'm just trying to get an idealistic view on how how hard all this is going to be and the deciding factors like the areas you all live in and your customer bases. So what has been your best week since you have all started your business', It doesn't have to be money wise, I just want to hear some nice stories as I am starting to feel abit scared about all this! LOL

XXXXXXXX

Its the same as any other business, it takes time to build it up and that could be up to 3 years,
you need to ask your self if you start your own business can you get by without a wage, and some weeks you may need to add money from your own pocket to cover your overheads and bills,
weekly profits do not tell you much,
you need to look at the bigger picture after one years of trading and then see what profit you have made hth

hi can anyone advise me wether i shd take a nail art course which is gna cost £118 pound or buy one of those dvds and learn myself im not sure wot to do as i have had no experience in nail art im a newly qualified opi nail technician and looking to open my own salon in nxt few wks and further my skills to offer clients ive seen different designs and they beautiful and id like to create some of these myself please message me yr comments much appreciated.
joanne

Hi Joanne
this is a decision only you can make really,
are you artistic ?
you would be best to get some simple designs and try to copy them, if you do well then just carry on training yourself,
then if later down the line you want to do something more complicated and can not do it with out been shown how, then spend the money on a recommended nail art course,
if you are not artistic at all then you could be wasting your money as no one can teach you how to be artistic, you either are or are not, hth

Thank's for your reply Loubylou. I know these things can only be assessed in time, just wanted to hear some nice stories on here about some of the good stories people may have experienced since they started their business :)

And with regards to the post above I think you should post a new thread hun, you'll get more replies then x

Last edited:
Hi,
I am pretty artistic, but I still paid the £100 to do a nail artcourse with Creative.
It was a day long course and altho I didnt so much learn how to draw, as that is not really what it is about, I did learn the skills of how to flick properly, curve around corners, use the dotting tool, and different brush sizes.
All are pretty simple once you know, but being shown makes it easy to apply and to remember when you think back.
I think its worth it and then from the basics I reckon you could play around (like I do) and self teach the rest.
hth
michelle xx
Good luck with the new business venture

Latest posts

Back