How much to charge for sculpting big toe nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi all

Im just re-evaluating my price list and was just wondering how much people charge for scuplting a big toenail for someone that either doent have any toenail or has a little bit of toe nail. If you make a few toe nails for someone that doesnt have any toenail and wants to glue it on, on special occasions do you charge per toenail.

Also do you charge different if you are applying a wholoe set of acrylic toes to them all and them scuplting a big toenail for someone with no toenail/litttle toe nail.

Many thanks

Ax

I had a client ask for this and decided on £10 for sculpting a big toenail and would probably charge £5 for any of the other toes (as they are smaller).
For a full set of Acrylic toes I charge £25... if I were to sculpt one into that I'd add either the £5 or £10 on to that :)

I don't know it that helps at all :hug:
xxx

I do this regularly for several of my clients, I charge £5 for one big toe. It takes me about 5 minutes - I personally couldn't justify charging much more than that!

For little stuck on toes (which lets face it, if they're stuck on skin we know they're not going to last) I would charge basically overlay price which would be £2 each (£2.50 if French)

So if someone wanted whole set of acrylic toes I would charge £20 natural, £25 french, and add on £5 for a sculpted toe or £10 for 2 sculpted toes

Hope this isn't too much of a muddle!

For sure, though, there don't seem to be too many techs happy to take this sort of work on and it TRANSFORMS the feet for the poor client who is unhappy with their toes, this tends to make them very very loyal and recommend you to all :green:

May sound silly, but how do you bond these sculptured toe nails if the client has no nail? How long do they normally last?
It's just my friend has asked me if I could look in to doing something for her. Thanks in advance

If you pop some oil on the skin where the nail used to be, you can sculpt on top of that and it will come off. You can then stick it on with adhesive on the area that will sit on the nail bed (being careful to sanitize properly and use something like scrubfresh to get rid of any nasties). You can then give the client a tube of adhesive so that when it does come off (which it will) she can pop it back on easily! That's why I charge £10 for a big toe - the adhesive comes with the price. Make sure the client knows how to prevent infections by keeping it clean and sanitised before she sticks it back on.

Hope that helps hun. xxx

FAB! Such a great help! Thank you so much! I'm guessing it will take me a while to get used to sculpting a nail? Is there anything particular I need to know? Can I use normal acrylic?
I'm guessing these don't last any longer than the ones you can buy from the shops? They just look more natural, am I right?
Would the nail last a day, or a couple of days etc? Thanks again

Use your L&P system hun. They will last a tad longer than 'shop bought' ones because they are shaped exactly to the client's toe! There won't be any pressure popping them off or anything because they're too small (that's the problem with shop boughts, they are often too curved while toenails are usually rather flat).

I don't know how long they last honey because the client just pops them back on with glue when they come off :) I suppose it depends on footwear etc - closed-toe shoes will make them come off prematurely because of the pressure.

xxx

Thanks hun. Just hoping it will last a day with open toe shoes! She has tried shop bought ones before, but these don't even last a day! Lol!
She doesn't want the embarrassment of it popping off while she's out!

So do I literally just place some cuticle oil over the toe (nail bed) then use my l&p just as I would if I was applying a tip? But obviously start at the bottom of the nail?

I have not done sculptured nails since College and that was only a brief lesson :-/ do I need to do anything different than I would if I was doing a normal l&p with a tip?

Then after sculpting the nail, cleanse and sanitise area as normal then apply glue to the nail itself and apply to the skin, is this correct?

Sorry if I sound really dumb! Lol!
She has a tiny bit of nail on one toe, but no nail on the other toe.

Thanks so much for your help.
X

If you pop some oil on the skin where the nail used to be, you can sculpt on top of that and it will come off. You can then stick it on with adhesive on the area that will sit on the nail bed (being careful to sanitize properly and use something like scrubfresh to get rid of any nasties). You can then give the client a tube of adhesive so that when it does come off (which it will) she can pop it back on easily! That's why I charge £10 for a big toe - the adhesive comes with the price. Make sure the client knows how to prevent infections by keeping it clean and sanitised before she sticks it back on.

Hope that helps hun. xxx

Hi Can you tell me what adhesive you sell them please, I normally use cnd gelbond but they have stopped selling the small size tubes and only 9gram tubes so cant really sell these to clients. Thanks. Ax

I had a client ask for this and decided on £10 for sculpting a big toenail and would probably charge £5 for any of the other toes (as they are smaller).
For a full set of Acrylic toes I charge £25... if I were to sculpt one into that I'd add either the £5 or £10 on to that :)

I don't know it that helps at all :hug:
xxx

Hi all, I normally charge £25 for a full set of acrylic on toes and £4 for scuplting an acrylic toes, but I wanted to check what others charge as i thought I needed to update some of my prices. I would love to be able to sell the adhesive to clients but I have always recommended gelbond for the skin, however they dont do these in small sizes anymore so dont know what adhesive I can buy, to sell to my clients. Ax

Latest posts

Back