How much to clip in?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuapaGem

Reaction score
I have a client who wishes to have some clip in extensions so wants me to purchase a packet of hair with her ( go to shop and help choose) then fit and sew and cut etc how much should I charge? Was thinking £20-£30? Don't normally offer this service so bit unsure x

it is really up to you how much you charge but to cut them aswell I would usually set it around £35... And make sure she buys high quality hair as some extensions have been known to dull your scissor blades... x

have a look at halo hair extensions..they sell sets already cut and with the clips attached..if you email them and explain your a hairdresser looking to find a hair supplier they will send you a wholesale price list..on their website it costs £59.99 for a full set of clip ins..to trade they charge £25!!..this is 100% remy human hair too..so not tatty rubbish. You can then charge what it would cost a client to buy them online themselves(or even a bit more)..only your fitting/blending them for them too..so there getting a good deal (in my opinion) and you are too(plus no messing about attaching the clips).

I second the dulling of your scissor blades, i have seperate scissors for hair extensions..although i do quite a lot so its worth it for me.

I usually cut extensions with a razor and chip in with my scissors where it needs it

Latest posts

Back