How much to purchase the Creative 'Exhibit' nail varnish Collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly_Nails

Reaction score
hi

Got a flyer though today from creative Buy the exhibit collection get dolled up free.
Now trying to find out how much exhibit is and what colours do you get in both sets.

ive tried looking on their website but they are not comming up
any help would be great

thanks

The Exhibit collection is about £37.80 plus VAt for 12 varnishes - 2 of each of the 6 colours. They are so strong colours - I have not used any other colours on clients since they came in LOL.

If you do a search on here for Dolled Up - some of the colours are Toxic Perfection, Chic Plastique - cant remember offhand the others.

I got this leaflet this morning, does anyone know if they come with displays? thanx shelley x

I got a leaflet this morning if u buy the exhibit collection u get the dolled up collection free.

I wanted the Exhibit collection but I didnt want 12 of them I prefer it when they do a collection of just 6 polishes and not 2 of each if that makes sense!

Bridge x x

Like its been said already, the exhibit polishes are really dark colours, and personally i dont think they will be asked for by clients that much. I didnt know about getting the dolled up collection free either! I only ordered them on weds, and wasnt told, so thats not fair!!Lol! They also had the valentines collection back out, and i got one of each colour, and they are really lovely. The dolled up collection is really nice. And they all come on a display case which looks lovely.
Hth. x

bridget1802 said:
I got a leaflet this morning if u buy the exhibit collection u get the dolled up collection free.

I wanted the Exhibit collection but I didnt want 12 of them I prefer it when they do a collection of just 6 polishes and not 2 of each if that makes sense!

Bridge x x

The whole point of 2 of each colour is so you can RETAIL the other 6 to your clients! Think of it this way :Look_righ you pay £38.70 + vat - you take 6 and use them on clients who LOVE the colours so you sell the one they love for £10.00 - if you sell all 6 that's £60.00 and you also have the potential to sell the others too - not bad money made on £38:?: .

I know that some of you on the site are not big on retailing but I just can't understand why. If we are in business to make a living (which I assume we all are) then why not use these perks to your advantage. We don't do collections of 12 so that you are left with extra colours - we do it so that your clients can BUY the other 6. The next quote by pink shellnails is a perfect example of why customers are put off from buying
the exhibit polishes are really dark colours, and personally i dont think they will be asked for by clients that much
- because Pinkshell is allowing her 'personal' opinion to possible affect the sale - (pinkshell not meaning to single you out but your comment was apt for my reply :)) I call it 'closing your clients purse/wallet before she even has a chance to open it!

Have you ever tried this:Look_righ trying to get rid of a colour you DON'T LIKE:eek: Wear it on both fingers and toes and RAVE about it - it will be your next biggest selling colour!!! You must have faith in the fact that when we bring out SEASONAL collections that we have worked very hard on and collaborated with certain people so that we GET the colours right!

It isn't always about whether WE like the colours or not - it is whether OUR CUSTOMERS like them and even if WE DON'T like them - we can pretend we do so that WE SELL THEM!! :eek:

I must admit that I am a colour lover on toes generally but Exhibit is the perfect look this season for fingers as the LOOK of the moment is short, natural, meticulous looking nails splashed with deep colour.

Try what I have said 'with confidence' - it works I promise! :Look_righ :)

Couldn't agree more Mrs G! The phone has been so quiet lately and no new clients, and with analysts forecasting beauty biz being down 25% this Crimbo then the only way you can make it up is by retailing. I can't remember what the percentage of turnover is that means you are retailing effectively, but by having a good display, monthly special offers, try me's and 110% enthusiasm in my products my retail sales now account for about 30% of my turnover.

I decided that everybody buys polishes, hand creams etc, and I know what I sell is superior to most shop brands, so I felt I owed it to my clients to make sure they bought the best. Yes they may be more expensive, but they are better quality and so you need to use less, so ml for ml they are actually better value.

You don't have to be pushy, but when somoen asks about something then this is your opportunity to big it up large!!!! Research the other brands and prices so you know your competition. It's rare now that when I talk about a product that a client doesn't then buy it.

And I've just made a load of Christmas baskets, I went into Body Shop and my prices are pretty close to theirs (they are just sneaky and do mini bottles so it looks more)

i find my ladies love the deep dark rich colours.
the mogul collection was soo popular as ifeel exibit will be, the colours are sophisticated and grown up....and my grown up clients like them.
so do i.
i have 2 shelves in my room where i do nails and if you have your retail items out presented in a way...then they do tend to sell themselves.
i also give them a creative retail brochure to flick through whilst they have their treatments.....and they can see touch and smell.....the products do sell themselves.

*JOANNE* said:
i also give them a creative retail brochure to flick through whilst they have their treatments.....and they can see touch and smell.....the products do sell themselves.

I wasn't aware that Creative did I reatail brochure. I want one too!! Will be on the phone tomorrow morning.

rjryan said:
I wasn't aware that Creative did I reatail brochure. I want one too!! Will be on the phone tomorrow morning.
it was a special offers leaflet, just a photocopyed white a5 flyer,

~shelley~ said:
it was a special offers leaflet, just a photocopyed white a5 flyer,

There is an actual Creative Retail Brochure - you buy them in packs of 50 (I think)

I know youre right mrs geek, you always are! From the response ive had from my clients, the exhibit colours are too dark for most of them, not all, as i have used them on a couple already, but the majority are saying "oh they are too dark for me to wear, or i dont like the colour". I do rave about the polishes, ok so they may not be my fave colours, but i do retail them, and do try to educate my clients on this seasons colours, and what suits their skin tone. But i dont think i will be retailing as many of them as i do of , say , the dolled up collection or other classic colours. Just my opinion guys. x

I suppose all of our clients are different - my clients love and buy the Exhibit collection but there was never any real interest in Dolled Up - funny huh?

I suppose its eash to their own really. Thats what makes all our clients unique, the fact that they all like different things, and not neccessarily the same things as us nail techs! As long as my clients are happy, then im happy!

Thanks to everybody for giving me the info, im going to get a set:biggrin:

Ive just ordered mine this morning - I will let everyone know what they are like when i get them, shelley xx

~shelley~ said:
Ive just ordered mine this morning - I will let everyone know what they are like when i get them, shelley xx

Me too, can't wait for tomorrow!!

pinkshell_nails said:
I know youre right mrs geek, you always are! From the response ive had from my clients, the exhibit colours are too dark for most of them, not all, as i have used them on a couple already, but the majority are saying "oh they are too dark for me to wear, or i dont like the colour". I do rave about the polishes, ok so they may not be my fave colours, but i do retail them, and do try to educate my clients on this seasons colours, and what suits their skin tone. But i dont think i will be retailing as many of them as i do of , say , the dolled up collection or other classic colours. Just my opinion guys. x

Hey Pinkshell - I do get where you are coming from believe me (and also I am honestly not always right - or so my husband tells me :Scared: ) it is 'each to their own' and clients have there own personal tastes - I am always an A/W girl as opposed to spring colors so there is my personal taste :biggrin: . Hey did you know though that bolder colours, make older hands look younger - WHO CAN GUESS WHY?:rolleyes:

Mrs Geek said:
Hey Pinkshell - I do get where you are coming from believe me (and also I am honestly not always right - or so my husband tells me :Scared: ) it is 'each to their own' and clients have there own personal tastes - I am always an A/W girl as opposed to spring colors so there is my personal taste :biggrin: . Hey did you know though that bolder colours, make older hands look younger - WHO CAN GUESS WHY?:rolleyes:
do they detract attention from the skin?

joolz said:
do they detract attention from the skin?

Spot on Joolz - basically the eye see's colour and not skin that is aging. When you apply pale pink (like so many of them want) - it fades into the hand making the hand look insipid and older! :eek:

Latest posts

Back