How much to spend on setting up at home??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
I am thinking of setting up from home I have a small room that wichould fit a table. I want to put down non slip floor get table etc. How much did it cost everyone to start at home from scratch on equipment stock and legal (insurance etc):hug: I have a rough idea but theres loads more to do than I thaught....

Hi This is so difficult to quantify. I spent a lot which included converting my garage + skincare + equipment. It depends on what level you wish to go to and what treatments you want to offer. Do not buy without a plan.

Plan what you want it to look like, what ranges you are going to buy -equipment, insurances, advertising etc. I think one of the biggest add on costs are the sundries such as disposables. Draw up a plan and do some costings as I expect everyones budget is varied.

I am just in the process of doing my home salon up and so far it has cost me £2000 including insurance and furniture plus all my kit and the extras for doing it up, that also includes advertising but I have shopped around for the best deals on furniture and stuff so did save a packet hope that helps.

hi this is a tricky one,:irked:this is a how long is a piece of string question, i set up a year ago and i keep adding bits, but theres one thing for sure make sure you have good lighting i made this mistake had to get sparky in to put up extra dimmable lighting, clean decor , i do massage as well so had to put up privacy curtains around couch, stereo can't live without or that could just be me . not to mention consumables you wouldn't believe how much cotton wool u get through
trolleys this could be me but even though i have two trolleys (how expensive are they ) i struggle i thought i would cut corners and brought two small ones (cheap) i have now discovered that i need to buy a heavier wider trolley. along with the other 101 things
flooring be very careful here carpets can get dirty very quickly not to mention dropping wax on it
as for equipment you buy stuff then you want something better i keep saying to myself i will buy it when i have used up the old stuff or made enough to buy it mmmmm sorry for the long waffle there are no quick answers too you question:rolleyes:

what do you plan too offer this can make a difference i want to do everything !:smack: so my cost where/are quite high

:idea:shop around go to the beauty show next week always bargains to be had if not, lots of suppliers
theirs always good second hand equipment around,

but at the end of the day I'm glad I've done it my clients love the place oh i just thought u may need too spruce the toilet facilities up and tidy away the clutter as i discovered 70% of the clients always need to pee? what is that about, strange

look on the bright side theres always everyone on salon geekhelp too help:Love:i thought i was on my own until i found this site and now i feel like i work in the biggest salon in the world

sorry for it being so long must be the wine

xxLxx

:) hi i set up at home in the spare bedroom last september. everyones budget is varied but i soon learnt what i cant live without.

:rolleyes:my couch , i bought an all singing all dancing couch which i had so much problem with so have gone for a basic couch with solid wooden legs.
:rolleyes:my wax pot, its your bread and butter, however facing a summer of waxing legs i am thinking of adding a cartridge unit solely for legs, as i feel will be cleaner and quicker.
:rolleyes:a fantastic brand to use in my treatment room and to retail. i use virgin vie at home which i earn from my retail and as my product range of choice i know i am using a quality product.
:rolleyes:and more recently my sienna x tanning system and cubicle i love it !

these things are my "i cant live without" items however i could just about survive when setting up with the first 2 as my first purchases.

best of luck, remember you can always add later, which is better than ending up over spending then panicking you wont earn enough.

Latest posts

Back