How not to be a push over with clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I’ve been doing eyelash extensions for 7 months now while completing my degree at uni and I feel that I’m putting my clients before my degree. I allocate about 6 appointments a week so that I still do study but I always find I have one or two clients that I’m always like oh go on then to last minute appointments all the time. I just hate saying no to clients. I’m also so bad that if my client hasn’t looked after their lashes and needs an emergency infill im always saying yes when I shouldn’t really be allocating more hours in the week. Has anyone got any tips about how to stop being a push over lol.

Stick to your 6 appointments and get strict with yourself. Set the boundaries and put your education first. No one is running your life but you, you're the boss, you make the decisions, so do what's right for you.

There is no such thing as an emergency infill, that is not a life or death situation! :p

Best of luck with your degree!
x

I’ve been doing eyelash extensions for 7 months now while completing my degree at uni and I feel that I’m putting my clients before my degree. I allocate about 6 appointments a week so that I still do study but I always find I have one or two clients that I’m always like oh go on then to last minute appointments all the time. I just hate saying no to clients. I’m also so bad that if my client hasn’t looked after their lashes and needs an emergency infill im always saying yes when I shouldn’t really be allocating more hours in the week. Has anyone got any tips about how to stop being a push over lol.

I’m afraid this is the beauty industry, if your not available they will go to someone else.
If someone needs something doing they always neeeeed it now! lol
They take over your life and it’s hard to say no as you don’t want to dissapoint/let down your clients.
Plus it’s extra money for you.
If it’s the degree you want then you have to take on a small client base and say no to anyone else.
But at times even a small client base can get demanding of your time, no easy solution to keep clients and keep the time you need xx
The only thing you can do is stick to your allotted time slots and just say you can’t do it.
The more flexible you are, by getting them in whenever they want, the more they expect it from you.
Good luck with your lashes and your degree x

Totally agree with both replies.

What I have learnt is that actually when you give 'those' clients the extra inches they always take a mile or ten!!!

And you know what, you will be surprised at how lovely people are! And yes you may lose one or two but I always find they come back anyway!!

Personally I would send a professional and friendly message saying that due to increased workload you will be opening up the set times and days for clients. (Choose popular for clients + convenient for you)
And that you are sorry but the only last minute appointments you can offer are during those times and of course ...if the appointment is free.

Add onto the end of the message that you hope they understand, you will of course be as accomodating as possible but not to the detriment of your uni work as you are sure they understand this is a very important time in your life (blah blah blah)

You could also set an hour per week say on a Monday, where send them a text one week after their lashes and say "this is your gentle reminder that your lash infills are due in one week, please be sure to book asap as I have limited availability for that week "

Xxxx

Latest posts

Back