How often do you recommend your clients to have hi-lites ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
I prefer to have at least an inch or more if possible regrowth , However , ive had a few clients lately that want it done when they have roots of about a cm , which is fine to apply , but even though i warn about build up , and about possibly putting a low-light invariably have build up , and then say my hi-lites are rubbish because the roots are not covered .
I think - of course your roots arent covered , its hi-lights not a full head bleach, i weave my hi-lites half the hair and every section so i could make them chunkier but that would make the regrowth and covering even worse.
Its really getting me down , do you all stand firm and say no , 6 weeks at least ?
Not all of my clients are like this most have scattered and the parting, its just a few that love the full head white hi-lites .

I take really thin sections and weave it, so as there's not hair underneath as such, just the bits between the weave I'll be applying colour too, if that makes sense?
Gets so much closer to the root. Some times I leave hair out, but if it's a client that likes to be very coloured, I don't leave any section out, and maybe break it up by doing every 3rd foil darker to give some contrast x

yes i find small sections and tiny weave gets really close,,
don't let it get you down, some clients think they know the world of hairdressing and can tell you your job,
do what you think is best
i book clients in 6 weeks apart, or even 5 but never 4 xxx

yes , i do my foils fine and close to the root , i think its just that there is too much build up , they hate to see any dark and want it to be brighter every time , whereas now im just playing catchup to blend it in - i dont know why i get so wound up , they dont know and i do , but sometimes they make me doubt. This same client wanted me to use 18% and bleach with heat, i said no way hossay!

Did she wanna take her highlights home in a bag?

Seriously never let clients dictate.

I use thin slices and lots of em is best for working on tiny regrowths and getting Right to the scalp. Never overlap tho as you will constantly have a regrowth look if you allow colour build up on the midlengths and ends. I use a tiny tint brush for this type of work.

I never take bleach through but use a violet toner to freshen the colour and eliminate any yellow tones.

i dont take the bleach through , but i do dab it on the uncoloured bits in the foil, i cant see any other way otherwise it would be a blond root with a darker patch away from the root ( i dont know how to explain it )

You really don't need to. when the hair is dried it will blend fine. You can always pick up your previous highlights only and do their regrowth rather than randomly weaving.

Latest posts

Back