How popular are hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu8909

Reaction score
Hi,
Im in the process of training at the moment and have been thinking about training in hair extensions. Before i spent all the money out on kits and training i just wanted to ask the pro's ... how popular are extensions? and how much do you charge?
thanks
p.s. if i posted in the wrong section im sorry im still getting used to the site! :green:

Hi,
Im in the process of training at the moment and have been thinking about training in hair extensions. Before i spent all the money out on kits and training i just wanted to ask the pro's ... how popular are extensions? and how much do you charge?
thanks
p.s. if i posted in the wrong section im sorry im still getting used to the site! :green:

Hi, here are some older links :)

Hair extension training

Training for hair extensions please help!!!

but there is loads and loads of info , if you do a search in the search bar at the top of the page :hug: x minky

Hi...

Lets face it, it can never be bad to train to do something which will add to your skillset and there are many hairdressers out there have perfected their technique and knowledge of this particular area and JUST do that.

It can be extremely profitable for you as it is a skill that others won't have. As for how much too charge, that willd epend on the environment in which you're practising i.e. salon or freelance, which hair you use, YOUR skill level and also what the client requires.

If you're interested in doing it why not give it a go, you could find your niche!

Best of luck!

MHD x x x x

I think hair extensions have become more popular than ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, I thought there was a bit of a lull with the credit crunch , but as soon as the sun shone they seemed to take off again , I do think wefts and clip in ones are a very popular choice , but fusion bonded ones and micro bonds seem to be doing pretty well too :hug: x minky

hi sorry tojump on, but does anyone know where to get taught to do wefts?? i can do them from seeing others do them , but would like the certificate
good luck by the way x

hi sorry tojump on, but does anyone know where to get taught to do wefts?? i can do them from seeing others do them , but would like the certificate
good luck by the way x

Do you mean wefted hair extension methods or wig making?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey,

Hair extensions have become ever so more popular now days, but there are alot of options which you have the choice of and prices vary quite alot. Alot of my clients prefer clip in's as they are not as expensive and you can pop them in and out when you want.

They are SOOOO popular. I have mine weaved every 3 weeks and it normally costs me about £100 and ive been doing that for the last 3 years so if you had customers like me you'd be laughing!!!!

I have been really busy since end of january 2009. I have been away for 3 weeks holiday and reopen again on monday 3rd august and am booked up for next two weeks wwith maintenance and full head installs.
Posted via Mobile Device

they are popular in my opinion.
i used to do mine every 4 weeks but havent done it for a while now.

but 70% of enquiries since i opened my salon have been extensions.

Latest posts

Back