How popular is Brisa Lite Smoothing on its own?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Looking to order Brisa light smoothing, how popular is it alone? Most of my clients want colour, in which case the Brisa light top coat isn't needed right?

Yes correct....my ladies also mainly want colour so I've been using my brisa top coat on my colour pops as it was just sitting in my drawer :cool:

I bought the brisa smoothing kit. And used the top coat when I ran out of my shellac top coat. It worked perfectly for me, had no probs. I also noticed that brisa top coat doesn't go thick as quick as shellac top coat.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I find the Brisa smoothing gel is popular on clients who like to change their colour frequently using Normal nail polish but need the strength of Brisa ....and for my Male clients who are on my nail rehab programme and want to grow their badly bitten nails, which it is just perfect for ( I use two coats of top coat and gently buff off the last top coat so there is no shine - you'd never know from looking at their nails that they have anything of their nails ) stops them biting. :)

I bought the brisa smoothing kit. And used the top coat when I ran out of my shellac top coat. It worked perfectly for me, had no probs. I also noticed that brisa top coat doesn't go thick as quick as shellac top coat.

I've thought about using this too... My shellac top cost goes so thick ... I shake like crazy and make sure it's warmed if cold.... But finding it's effecting my finished result..
Have you had any problems at all using the smoothing gel over shellac? I'm sure it wouldn't be encouraged by CND, but if it works ?!? Maybe an emergency option!! I've had to order new shellac top coat , as the end of bottle just too thick ..😩
so while waiting may use that to tide me over..
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I've thought about using this too... My shellac top cost goes so thick ... I shake like crazy and make sure it's warmed if cold.... But finding it's effecting my finished result..
Have you had any problems at all using the smoothing gel over shellac? I'm sure it wouldn't be encouraged by CND, but if it works ?!? Maybe an emergency option!! I've had to order new shellac top coat , as the end of bottle just too thick ..😩
so while waiting may use that to tide me over..
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't use the gel on top of shellac, but the brisa lite smoothing top coat. Of course people will say its not recommended and all, but it works for me. Never had any problems. Good luck

I don't use the gel on top of shellac, but the brisa lite smoothing top coat. Of course people will say its not recommended and all, but it works for me. Never had any problems. Good luck

Well BLTC it is nowhere near as shiny as Shellac Top Coat and as none of these products is expensive I can't see why you would use the wrong top coat over Shellac .. just short-changing your clients but hey ho.

We use the BL Smoothing gel under Shellac if the client needs a little extra strength but we mainly use it for clients who need the strength of Shellac but want to buy Vinylux to use at home. We certainly paid for the bottle in no time.

@ ellabella What are you doing to make your Shellac Top Coat go thick ... ? It will only go thick if you have the bottle open for ages .. so polish your Shellac top coat on quickly ... there is no need to take ages to apply it. If you take ages to apply your BL Top coat it will thicken up too.

You can mix additives through your smoothing gel to add colour and effect and of course then finish with you BL top coat.

Well BLTC it is nowhere near as shiny as Shellac Top Coat and as none of these products is expensive I can't see why you would use the wrong top coat over Shellac .. just short-changing your clients but hey ho.

We use the BL Smoothing gel under Shellac if the client needs a little extra strength but we mainly use it for clients who need the strength of Shellac but want to buy Vinylux to use at home. We certainly paid for the bottle in no time.

@ ellabella What are you doing to make your Shellac Top Coat go thick ... ? It will only go thick if you have the bottle open for ages .. so polish your Shellac top coat on quickly ... there is no need to take ages to apply it. If you take ages to apply your BL Top coat it will thicken up too.

I do use the BL smoothing with shellac for some strength and smoothness. I use the BL top coat when I run out of shellac top coat or when it gets too thick to use in the end.
A lot of people have trouble with shellac top coat getting very thick in the end. Even if BL top coat is not as shiny as shellac top coat, at least it's usable towards the end of the bottle.
And I don't take forever to apply it ...

Latest posts

Back